What do you do with it?

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I just want to get every question out of the way so that when Spring arrives, I can start digging right away!

When you find good coins or jewlery, do you sell them? Do you collect them? I'd probably just end up selling most things... Where do you take them to get them appraised? Where do you take them to sell? I was thinking I'd take everything to the local coin and gold store, but not sure if there are better places to seek out.:dontknow:

OP
OP
F

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you just in it for the profit ? and not the fun ?
Gary

Not at all! I love exploring and learning the history of things and places. The monetary gain is just a plus. Coins I'd most likely sell as collecting them doesn't appeal to me, but cool trinkets I would for sure hang on to.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad coins I put in a can and save for when grandkids come. On the years they don't get to come here for a visit, I spend it on more toys for me! The jewelry I put together and sell when there is enough to make it worth the effort to send to a refiner (unless the wife wants it). Relics I keep just to look at occasionally. When I find that BIG cache of gold I will move to the mountains...no wait the beach....or get a big boat....or????

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The answer is simple but different for different people.
Keep what you like and sell what has little meaning to you.

I sell jewelry to a local jeweler that buys gold . I also sell worn and poor condition coils to him.
He gives me a fair price.
Most jewelers and pawn shops in this area only pay 1/3 spot, which is a ripoff.

Raw gold like nuggets or Quarts laced with gold is a different matter all together.

Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread