Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG
Neighbor got 1 for Christmas . All I know is Its white,has a cam.and is about 2Ft across.About 1/4 away.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a RC Blimp ? They come in All sizes & prices.They'll stay up 4 ever .Put your cam. on it & tether to the ground.Maybe a couple servos for pan/tilt on the cam. & done:)

Interesting Idea!
My only concern is how a blimp would fare in a constant coastal breeze, but a tether of fishing line should do the trick.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the DJI Phantom 3 standard and it's a great starter drone. It's easy to fly with GPS control that helps maintain altitude and stability in the wind. If you let go of the controller it will stay in one spot until you move it. It also has some great safety features that will alert you when the battery is low and it will automatically return to the site it left from and land at the push of a button or if it looses contact with the controller. It also takes great video with a very stable camera. You use a smart phone or tablet to see real time video of your flight, and it also displays flight info. This drone will fly for 15 or 20 minutes depending on how you are flying. Go on YouTube and you'll see some great drones.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a few for video production. Two things. Batteries don't last that lonon the little guys and if you want to go any distance, you'll need a pricier model. They are fun. I finally killed mine by crashing it one too many times into trees.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all I know is that they look like fun
trouble is, with most post 1970 tech I am too dumb

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nope, big yellow legal pad, thank you very much

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2008_1123Mttohuntdeer4th0486.JPG
How about a 8 pound ,80 inch Cub :)

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am now 1/2 owner of a Mavic Pro.
up2++.gif
I'm planning on using it when we are up exploring old mines, both for "scouting" and also for some cinematic shots. Not sure if it will end up on YouTube or just my own "home movies". The Mavic has great range and is pretty easy to fly with a little bit of caution. Being over ambitious with the controls can get you in trouble in a hurry. I'm also flying a Tiny Whoop for fun and to develop some flying skills. I haven't pulled any of the video out of it yet, but that's going to be next.

Joanne

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the DJI Phantom 3 standard and it's a great starter drone. It's easy to fly with GPS control that helps maintain altitude and stability in the wind. If you let go of the controller it will stay in one spot until you move it. It also has some great safety features that will alert you when the battery is low and it will automatically return to the site it left from and land at the push of a button or if it looses contact with the controller. It also takes great video with a very stable camera. You use a smart phone or tablet to see real time video of your flight, and it also displays flight info. This drone will fly for 15 or 20 minutes depending on how you are flying. Go on YouTube and you'll see some great drones.

My buddy has one and it's a BLAST!!!! Real close on pulling the trigger on one myself. RN told it how it is.....

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great information here so far, thanks.

I would like some sort of real time screen, but an inexpensive or maybe even a cheap one so i dont have to worry too much about the inevitable crashing, landing irretrievably in a tree, or the numerous unidentifiable problems that are bound to occur with anything electronic.

Also, i do not and will not ever use a "smart phone". There is nothing worse imo than a machine that thinks it knows what it is doing, especially one that broadcasts recordings of what it sees with a camera.

So I guess what I am asking is for information on on a crappy drone with a crappy camera. I really don't need high resolution, long flight time, low charge time, or long receiver range. I am looking for the Bic disposable cigarette lighter of of the drone scene I guess. :dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my airplanes with a Polaroid Cube + in the nose.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great information here so far, thanks.

I would like some sort of real time screen, but an inexpensive or maybe even a cheap one so i dont have to worry too much about the inevitable crashing, landing irretrievably in a tree, or the numerous unidentifiable problems that are bound to occur with anything electronic.

Also, i do not and will not ever use a "smart phone". There is nothing worse imo than a machine that thinks it knows what it is doing, especially one that broadcasts recordings of what it sees with a camera.

So I guess what I am asking is for information on on a crappy drone with a crappy camera. I really don't need high resolution, long flight time, low charge time, or long receiver range. I am looking for the Bic disposable cigarette lighter of of the drone scene I guess. :dontknow:

Here is one.But there many on the market that fit your criteria > https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcop...kEclesofsuIERQHQsV_-pZPTvr_Mn_4hoCJa0QAvD_BwE
You said "cheap" >>> https://www.ebay.com/i/112469728521?chn=ps

Last edited:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if your not willing to spend more money for a better drone that takes quality video, you're not going to be happy with an 85 dollar toy, even though you say you don't need the range, video quality ect. you wont get anything worthwhile out of a quad that will soon become a paperweight the moment it gets away from you and splashes down in the sea.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your not willing to spend more money for a better drone that takes quality video, you're not going to be happy with an 85 dollar toy, even though you say you don't need the range, video quality ect. you wont get anything worthwhile out of a quad that will soon become a paperweight the moment it gets away from you and splashes down in the sea.

You are welcome to disagree, but don't wish to purchase a Northrop F-5 until I get some airtime in a Piper Cub. :tongue3:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr Tones uses a nice drone to scout potential sites and add some zing to his videos....I have a *man crush on Brandon neice

* not that gay

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread