What do you look for?

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and find values of 10 cents on the dollar and items that aren't a horror to ship. The type of things I like to concentrate on are paintings, silver, ceramics, art glass and collectable toys. Sometimes I pick weird and unusual items due to their rarity. They may not be quick sellers but are challenging to research.

For example, a few months ago I picked a similar one to this at a Thrift store for $3.

image.jpg

It took a few hours to figure out. An Easter Island souvenir Rongorongo. The last few I saw sold on EBay averaged $150.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad this topic pops up every once in awhile. Things change as do the things to look for. I have recently been on the look out for Rockabilly items and vintage t shirts. The T shirts are hard to find and that keeps it interesting for me.

OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
Thank you everyone for your input. Today I bought 2 films 8mm and a basket of old Kodak filters and lenses.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too broad of a question for me to answer specifically. The range is wide. I look for whatever hits my eye, nothing in particular. "Smalls" first and foremost. Mostly it depends on the size and the price. I do usually ask about jewelry, coins, knives, guns, medals and postcards/ephemera. Today I bought 2 postwar employee badges, a half dozen or so Freemasonry books from the 20's, and a Royal Worcester Evesham Quiche dish. I spent $6, should all sell for $60+.

iaddrummer

Aug 12, 2015
robinson illinois
Detector(s) used
bh 202 and just bought an original tesoro eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ummmm well i like tools they sell well and are usually easy quick flips. i also like video games both individual and systems they also usually sell decent. and military items. i have also done well on golf clubs,fishing stuff, and hunting equipment. I mainly look for smalls because i am laid off and i dont want anything i have to sit on for a while

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, don't laugh. I look for black velvet paintings from Mexico. Used to be 2 towns that produced them, but that stopped about 20 years ago, or so I was told. I generally give them away. I generally buy stuff I use. Ping putter, TV($10) to use until I bought a high def(the $10 one keeps working fine after 3 years), old radios, decent paintings. Was partners in an antique store a few years ago and would buy anything vintage. Not so much now...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for the deal of the century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread