Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very interesting question, I've always been intrigued with what others are reading.

For myself, I spend most of my time reading history, and private journals from the 17th thru 19th century. My interest in the Jonathon Swift silver mines came from Allen Ekerts," A Sorrow In Our Hearts", a biography of the Shawnee , Techumseh. Many journels of the Mtn. Men, and westward expansion contain tales of buried caches, and materials left behind. Military historys, and campaign stories leave clues and tales of buried payrolls, Braddocks during F@I war, several during the Rev. War, and too many tales from the War between the States. Searching out these tales is as interesting as the history itself and the interaction of the participants. Sometimes the old texts are hard reading, but always interesting.

Thanks for posting this, interested to see what others read.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't read anything about metal detecting in a long time but one of my favorite books for browsing is Charles Harris' Civil War Relics of the Western campaign and Frances A. Lords Civil War Collectibles.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TV guide, microwave instructions, mail, menus, vdi#s, and Tnet. Oh often The Weekly Standard and National Review. Used to actually read Playboy. No more. LOL
Recently my investment portfolio, now that its doing well.
Ray

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Tony Hillerman, Clive Cussler(especially Fargo series) and I have a collection of old U.S. and Texas treasure books that my sister will probably "can" when I die...

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got hooked on reading the ,"what is it"forum here at tnet.the plots are a bit dry but the intrigue and learning make up for it...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread