What do you think? Avatar material?

S

Smee

My wife is an artist who works with chalk pastels. This is one of her favorite works. The actual picture is about 16" X 20" and, like I said, done with chalk

oldminer.jpg

I think I'm gonna shrink it down for an avatar.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can Say Is Go for the Avatar!!!!!!!! and Great work!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I've played with pastels but could never get the hang of it. That picture is great! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

Smee

Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
HI, you didn't receive my permission to do my portrait, however, since she did such a god job, you now have it with full @© .

Don Jose de La Mancha
Great! Especially since she has it up for sale. :icon_pirat:

I'm in the process of building her a website to sell some of her artwork . . . she's run out of room on our walls. So, if she's gonna make more, she has to sell some of what she has.

This page has a few that ARE NOT for sale, as well as some that she has already "disposed of".

http://www.artmenagerie.com/gallery.html

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You have a very talented wife mate. :thumbsup:

(Can she cook too? :laughing9: )

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work. I think that would make a great avater. :thumbsup:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Smee Yes! Definitely, use it. She has some wonderful talent. The pictures are beautiful. :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing.
Ray

OP
OP
S

Smee

Dano Sverige said:
You have a very talented wife mate. :thumbsup:

(Can she cook too? :laughing9: )

She's been my biggest health problem for 30 years :coffee2:.

The doctor tells me I can either back up from the table or else. Kind of hard to do when your wife's half Cajun like mine.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
amazing talent :thumbsup:

she could check out etsy as it's free to open your own "shop" and costs, I think, .20 to list an item.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She did a fantastic job on that picture, I can't even see where the color by numbers were :icon_scratch:

All kidding aside, is her main venue in chalks? I would like to see some paintings if she works in oils, acrylics, or water. I have dabbled in oils, love the finished product but hate waiting for the paintings to dry. It's also more difficult to clean up after painting with oils. One great way to relax though :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
S

Smee

texastee2007 said:
really nice work and if you are making the web site....outstanding

Thanks TT. Yes, I'm building it . . . when I'm not at work. Have a small business doing that on the weekends and such. My business site is at http://www.ahgweb.com (Arrowhead Graphics) and has a few of my customers' sites.

spartacus53 said:
She did a fantastic job on that picture, I can't even see where the color by numbers were :icon_scratch:

All kidding aside, is her main venue in chalks? I would like to see some paintings if she works in oils, acrylics, or water. I have dabbled in oils, love the finished product but hate waiting for the paintings to dry. It's also more difficult to clean up after painting with oils. One great way to relax though :icon_thumleft:

Chalks got her started, then she tried sketching. Now she does some acrylics on canvass, but mostly she does acrylics on rocks. She even does work using those "gel pens" in various colors. Some of those are really neat.

I'll be posting more artwork when I get off work tomorrow, and again on Sunday. The digital photography I did isn't that great, and thanks for not noticing :dontknow: My new camera (digital SLR) should get here by Wednesday . . . just in time for the Rodeo Parade that evening.

I appreciate everyone's kind words. I'm going to show them to her tonite, because she doesn't think she does all that well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions