A feel good post... with a valuable lesson.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I know it's out of my nature to write a feel good post, but I thought I would take a crack at it.

This is the story of man that was intent on making others happy by telling a decent, yet flawed story of the good we see in life. A story that will have a moral and a valuable lesson, one we can all learn from. It will show you that overall man is good, especially to fellow man. Yet his story with all of its well intent may be a bit flawed in its presentation.

I call this little gem "The Hippocrates".

The Hippocrates are a small group that love to tell a story, with each one embracing strong moral character and a lesson we can all learn from. The Hippocrates are quick to point out those whom they really believe have no clue on the true message. Only they and a select few have all the answers to the world's ills. Their stories will preach goodness, tolerance, and understanding, but yet they can't understand the meaning of their own stories. Never disagree with the Hippocrates because they have no tolerance to thinking other than their own narrow belief system. The Hippocrates will spew forth their venom and be vile to all that just don't see life as they do.

Yet there is another group out there, the ones I call the "Believer's", and they are the true messengers of good will. They seem to understand what they are saying and have no real problem with either a misinterpretation, or even a joke, because they truly understand the message they are sending.

My question is, "What can we learn from all of this?"

Opposing viewpoints 'Welcomed" :laughing7:

The floor is open for debate, or comments.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: A fell good post... with a valuable lesson.

Why should i listen to a "little man who hides behind his humour"? (and can't spell "feel") :laughing9: :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Why should i listen to a "little man who hides behind his humour"? (and can't spell "feel") :laughing9: :tongue3:

D'ooohhh :laughing7: Yea, perhaps I'm only as bright a 15 watt, or small appliance bulb, so carry on :tongue3:

S

Smee

Spartacus, I know you're not usually a hypocrite, but did you post off topic with your first post? I didn't see one reference to doctors. :laughing9: (jk)

Dano, point out spelling errors . . . but do it equally.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
Spartacus, I know you're not usually a hypocrite, but did you post off topic with your first post? I didn't see one reference to doctors. :laughing9: (jk)

Dano, point out spelling errors . . . but do it equally.

Like that new avatar. :icon_thumleft: I was going to comment on it earlier, but I will a little later.. When I have time to make a slightly snide comment :tongue3: That may be a hard task, because that is a nice piece of work, but I'll find a way :laughing7:

I had to remove all references to my doctors, that are keeping me heavily medicated ;D

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:
Somebody needs a nap !!!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

meangene21 said:
Dano Sverige said:
Somebody needs a nap !!!

Nope, there was a spelling error :tongue3:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think we are all little people with good points and bad points. we all try to utilize and present our good side, but sometimes the bad side pops out.

Just remember that story about the first stone!

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
I think we are all little people with good points and bad points. we all try to utilize and present our good side, but sometimes the bad side pops out.

Remember it? Heck, I wrote it.... You're 100% right about people with good and bad characteristics, my point is about the holier than thou type, they rarely practice what they preach.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Frankn said:

Remember it? Heck, I wrote it.... You're 100% right about people with good and bad characteristics, my point is about the holier than thou type, they rarely practice what they preach.

If they were to practice what they preached they wouldn't act holier than thou.

Its really a vicious circle and the only real answer for them is hara-kiri.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Frankn, when you mentioned the stones, all of a sudden, I happened to remember an old joke I heard some time
ago.

This King of a small country was always thrilled with thrones and he lived in a house made of all glass so he could see
everything that was going outside even when he was inside. When he first became king he had a throne that had gold
decorations all over it and he was so proud of it. Then one day, while visiting a neighboring kingdom, he found a
throne made of solid gold so he bought it and stored the old one up in his attic. Then some time later he found one
that was made of gold and also had precious gem stones decorating it. So he bought it and store the other one up
in his attic. Over a time it happened several times and the throne that he was using would end up in his attic.
One day they all came crashing through the ceiling, killing the king and some others that were in the house.

The moral is
People who live in glass houses shouldn't stow thrones. :laughing9:

Ray

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I missed the whole point of that. I tell stories to the kids and grandkids of many days before. Some are slightly embellished, but they are all in the 'best oral tradition'. Always stories were passed down, and passed on. Some are funny, and some are pointless, and some are meant to instruct. Take what you want from them, but remember them.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
----------What it boils down to is PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH-------------

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread