Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a local hunt here yesterday with approx 60 other members but I had to leave early because I was tired from swinging. Lol. Anyway I use the e-trac as my main detector and the ATPro as a backup but after 4 hours my arms where killing me from swinging the e-trac ( and yes I have a harness but it gets in the way) so now I'm convinced I need to adjust for the age thing. :laughing9:

I love my e-Trac but I need something lighter and similar and have been looking at other detectors especially the XP Deus as the weight and the recovery speed has me looking. What do you guys think?

P.S. I've tried the Fisher 75 and others but always went back to the e-trac.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marchas45 said:
I was at a local hunt here yesterday with approx 60 other members but I had to leave early because I was tired from swinging. Lol. Anyway I use the e-trac as my main detector and the ATPro as a backup but after 4 hours my arms where killing me from swinging the e-trac ( and yes I have a harness but it gets in the way) so now I'm convinced I need to adjust for the age thing. :laughing9:

I love my e-Trac but I need something lighter and similar and have been looking at other detectors especially the XP Deus as the weight and the recovery speed has me looking. What do you guys think?

P.S. I've tried the Fisher 75 and others but always went back to the e-trac.

Get a Tesoro Cortes http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/cortes/

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know about the deus Charlie. Did you consider the sovereign? I hear alot of good things about it. You will have alot of time to research a new detector, as you and I both know whats coming. :help:

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Dont know about the deus Charlie. Did you consider the sovereign? I hear alot of good things about it. You will have alot of time to research a new detector, as you and I both know whats coming. :help:

>:D Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :laughing9:

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:

Yeah, a sovereign is a good remedy for someone with weight issues. :laughing9: By weight issues I mean someone who doesn't like to swing a wrecking ball.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As he's interested in a good recovery speed that puts the Sovereign out of the running and they are not that light unless hip/chest mounted or the older models are put on a straight shaft.

I would try and borrow either a "boosted" T2 or F75 so you have depth, fast recovery and super light weight.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xp Deus is light to swing and has good ergonomics. Works good in trashy parks/beaches and of course a great relic hunter too.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What do I think of the XP DEUS ? It is the best designed detector I have ever seen, BUT, It is overpriced at (#1395 British currency) And does not have the dept on coins that I would expect of a top line detector. To it's design credit, It is completely wireless, light weight, and takes seconds to fold up. Judge for your self. http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com
Frank

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best design or flawed design ? Two years of modification and upgrade that could have been avoided if the prototypes had been tested properly in the first place. The gimmick of wireless technology that doesn't improve depth, discrimination or the ability to deal with extreme mineralisation or wet salt has blinded many to the fact that its an expensive detector that doesn't cover all bases.

The saving point is that you can upgrade the software easily now though with the older models in the XP lineup you could do it yourself by pulling a chip and replacing with an upgraded one and they kept the upgrade price very low. The drawback for me is coil price and the fact that the wireless technology might prevent the use of third party coils and there's some very good third party coil designs out there.

A big plus for Europe is you can follow say an Explorer and pull out items like small/thin hammered silver that the Minelab has missed. But you can also do that with a T2/F75/Neptune etc at a lower price and small hammered isn't the main target for most U.S. detectorists. I would have thought that the discounted price Deus's sold to the U.S. would have started to make their mark by now so where's the reports ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Brian, I like the physical design of it and the wireless setup although you are probably right about the proprietary coil setup and it's associated high cost although I generally do not change coils for different jobs but rather change style of detector used. I have not seen ads for it in the US. What is the cost in the US? I have read all the test reports on their site. Do you know anyone that has used one and with what results? Frank

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Brian, I like the physical design of it and the wireless setup although you are probably right about the proprietary coil setup and it's associated high cost although I generally do not change coils for different jobs but rather change style of detector used. I have not seen ads for it in the US. What is the cost in the US? I have read all the test reports on their site. Do you know anyone that has used one and with what results? Frank

That's my problem Brian can't find anyone here in the US that's using one to get their opinion. Frank like the post above say's the price is $2299.00 and one dealer has the rights which I don't like. I've been checking out video's on YouTube and my favorite is a guy in the UK called PeaceHavens does a great job.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Check out the completely wireless post under metal detectors. It has a users reply. Frank

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Check out the completely wireless post under metal detectors. It has a users reply. Frank

Thanks, Frank :thumbsup:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, LL sold his to a guy in the U.S. months back. Seems he sold it on again as the performance wasn't to hot in his area (though could be a case of an area where not many detectors work well !).

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
Frank, LL sold his to a guy in the U.S. months back. Seems he sold it on again as the performance wasn't to hot in his area (though could be a case of an area where not many detectors work well !).

The reason why he had problems with it is probably because we have different frequencies over here and of course the electrical issues of different amperage. I was going to buy one myself from across the pond but changed my mind because of those issues and I could have bought a new one for $1300.00 plus shipping. The ones sold here are designed for here. Charlie

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Marchas, the only difference is the charger for the house. The car charger is the same. The batteries in the detector are the same. The ampage is not a problem . It goes according to load.
The frequency only has to due with the house charger. I sure you could get a 120vac 60 Hz charger for it. Frank

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Marchas, the only difference is the charger for the house. The car charger is the same. The batteries in the detector are the same. The ampage is not a problem . It goes according to load.
The frequency only has to due with the house charger. I sure you could get a 120vac 60 Hz charger for it. Frank

I thought the fequencies used in Europe where illegal here in the States. Charlie

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas45 said:
Frankn said:

I thought the fequencies used in Europe where illegal here in the States. Charlie
No problem to charge the Deus with the USB port on Your pc. Im sure You get the connectors with the machine. And for the frequencies....i did not know anything about Your laws with that, but was anyone ever checked if the detector is approved???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread