A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westfront said:
Marchas45 said:
Frankn said:
Marchas, the only difference is the charger for the house. The car charger is the same. The batteries in the detector are the same. The ampage is not a problem . It goes according to load.
The frequency only has to due with the house charger. I sure you could get a 120vac 60 Hz charger for it. Frank

I thought the fequencies used in Europe where illegal here in the States. Charlie
No problem to charge the Deus with the USB port on Your pc. Im sure You get the connectors with the machine. And for the frequencies....i did not know anything about Your laws with that, but was anyone ever checked if the detector is approved???

Yes they make a XP Deus strictly for the US as I understand it with frequencies for the US which are different from Europe.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detecting frequencies match those of lots of U.S. made detectors so no problem.

The snag in the past was with the Goldmaxx machines, both the later production runs of the Mk 1 that could use wireless headphones and the follow up machine, the Goldmaxx Power both had transmitters on the circuit board that could not be switched off.

This frequency was the illegal one and I wasted loads of time in the past pointing out to those who wanted a Goldmaxx that they could have the original with no problem. It also had the advantage of having a seperate discrimination knob which with a flick of a switch gave you full range discrimination, which most in the U.S. want, rather than the iron only discrimination of the "Power".

When they came out with the Deus they would not have wanted to get into the same bind with the authorities so used a US legal frequency to transmit to headphones and coil.

Razr

Oct 4, 2008
Oregon Dunes
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Whites TDI,T2 SE, Tesoro Cortez.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an xp goldmaxx v4 and its a great lightweight machine.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've still got a Goldmaxx but use a T2 in preference on most sites which is even lighter, uses less batteries, better design for changing the batteries, has a meter and battery check for those who want such things and works on the wet sand where the Goldmaxx doesn't so much struggle as gives up.

XP has the build quality though !

Razr

Oct 4, 2008
Oregon Dunes
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Whites TDI,T2 SE, Tesoro Cortez.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the lightest would be a detectorpro unit, no box to lug around.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not light where you want it to be. I think they run at 2.4 kHz which means a load of wire in the coil making it heavy compared with most of the same diameter and there's no control box at the other end to balance things out.

Bratvlos

Dec 19, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Déus the Only Wireless Métal Détector - Tecknetics D4000 - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a xp deus user.

This machine is fantastic, very sensitive and especially the unit is the most reactive !

Very light and the design is the most ergonomic I've experienced, never pain even after one week non-stop :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marchas45

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Filou901 said:
I am a xp deus user.

This machine is fantastic, very sensitive and especially the unit is the most reactive !

Very light and the design is the most ergonomic I've experienced, never pain even after one week non-stop :thumbsup:

Thank you Filou901 much appreciated. I'm getting closer to buying seeing they have dropped in price, $1899.00 and the same company has them on ebay at the same price. :thumbsup:

Bratvlos

Dec 19, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Déus the Only Wireless Métal Détector - Tecknetics D4000 - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Public price in France : 1910 USD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread