jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel that way when I find a Late 18th. , Early 19th. Century coin.

Money was so Scarce Back then, And those who Had it Realy worked for it.
So when I think of the Possibility of some Kid having worked a week
for that Half Cent, & Maby loosing it on the way to the store, or next door to the neighbor ladys for a piece of pie, makes me feel sad.

But then I think "I Found it ;D " and it puts the Smile back on my Face :D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i think about it too, which is why if i can find a way to return it to the rightfull owner i will. i know what you mean about the old coins Jeff. 50 cents was often a grown mans wages for the week back then. it really puts a Morgan dollar or a barber half into perspective. someone probably didn't eat that week because of that coin being lost.to me it makes the find all that much more valuable.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in 1840 12 1/2 cents got you a room and a meal in prarie illinois sometimes the barn with the horses...

N

NLINE SIXX

There maybe a good possibly those wedding rings were lost on purpose. Perhaps a bad divorce or what ever, hurt feelings and don't want a reminder. Although I'm sure most are lost by accident. A guy I work with is on his third wedding band now his first and second was lost. The second one just here recently while we were at work.He wasn't to happy about having to tell his wife.

NL6

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
I most usually think YIPPIE-HOTDOG-ALLRIGHT -WHERE IS THE OTHER ONE?-YAHOO! and then I think what about the poor guy that dropped this and then I think YIPPIE-HOTDOG-ALLRIGHT-WHERE IS THE OTHER ONE?-YAHOO! And that is the truth ,the whole truth ,and nothing but the truth. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread