Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been around for quite some time, but I don't consider myself an old-timer, but many left because the forum has been spiraling out of control and such... Also, recently, many new members have been flocking here to learn about CRH.. I miss many of the old timers since I lurked for over a year on this site before joining myself.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still here. Just haven't found anything worth posting.
What happened since 2010, if you don't mind answering?

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been on much, what with graduating and looking for a job, but I will post helpful comments when I have the chance. I do miss Gman, but I'm glad gordon and tanner are still here. I've been here since the CRH forum first opened, and I've seen many people pass through.

HH
-GC

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still here. Nothing postworthy. Check in almost daily to read the new posts.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
We are still here, just in hiding LOL. Personally I'm just very busy with life so hunting and posting has taken a back seat unfortunately. Eventually when I get more time and hunting money I'll be killing it again

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since getting back into the swing of things earlier this year (been away from CRH since 2010) I have noticed some of the big names are no longer around. GMan, LJ, CatJ....where have they gone??

Sorry mods...I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. Forgot I was in the log section. :censored: Please move to the main forum.

:coffee2:I don't know if I would be considered a old timer as I only been a member of TN for almost 2 years. I read it several times a week & only post when I have something positive to say. I do enjoy reading other peoples posts.

HH
Gary

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Too many new :censored: hats and Grammar Nazis keep me from posting. It kinda takes all the fun out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many new :censored: hats and Grammar Nazis keep me from posting. It kinda takes all the fun out of it.

"Grammar Nazis" are against our rules unless they are mods enforcing our rules as in attacks or language. Report it when it happens..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Many lost interest with the lack of finds and increased competition. There. I said it.

This is about where I'm at, hard to post anything when you're not really finding anything to post about anymore. HH, Maverick.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is about where I'm at, hard to post anything when you're not really finding anything to post about anymore. HH, Maverick.

And the lack of finds could have to do with the new commercials on talk radio advertising the "secret words too get silver for face value at bank's". That and the preppers show that broadcast a while back.. I have seen an exponential drop in my findings since that show and since i've started hearing those commercials. Just coincidence?

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Slim pickings in boxes is all us new coin roll hunters know, and it's up to us to be adaptable and creative to figure out ways to increase our opportunities outside of roll hunting. We have to be more charming with tellers, ask more questions, and visit more banks. Some of us will be the new old timers, and I personally wish more of the old timers were around to share their experiences and wisdom and camaraderie.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This 'old timer' is still around and pleased to just assist with ID-ing finds and adding some history to the thread. One need not 'find' anything to still be an active contributor and continue to learn from what others are doing and writing. And don't let my avatar fool you; I took the pic of my kid and his kid.
Don........

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I find that the many of the old timers stop posting as their finds decrease dramatically from when they startedò; look back through some of the "Golden year" posts, and see how high the ratio of finds were. then the not-so-old timers came in, what i think of as my generation - from 2011 or so. The finds werenàt nearly as good as they were in the Golden years, but they were Worth doing, for us at least. Now the finds are considerably lower than they were for us not-so-old timers, and a new generation is discovering CRHing. foir them,l the finds are good enough; for us, the finds are bad, but possibly good enough to continue, but not to post; possibly not even enough to continue. for the old timers, it takes a treasure trove for them to consider posting it, compared to what they used to find. Or so i see it.

Sorry for the typosò. not used to overseas keyboards.

FT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread