What if...

Clayton,
I used to think about the same thing only in an elevator type scenario.
If you could anticipate the point of impact and jumped just as it crashed would you be hurt by the impact?

My High school physics teacher threw a wrench in the waxworks ...
your sudden movement upward and the sudden stop of downward momentum,
would probably cause you to do great harm to yourself seriously when you impacted the roof of the elevator.

funny the things we don't concidder when we think of things like this.

Thom

Old dog,
Son and friends got kicked off the elevator at Portlands Max station for experementing with gravity.
260' drop from top to bottom. No stops in between. Were just having fun.

I was on a flight cross country and saw a house fly in the cabin.
At one point he was headed toward the front of the plane.
So he was going faster than the jet......

Where that fly is concerned ...
the air speed inside the jet is relative.
It has mas and on takeoff becomes part of the plane's load.
you as well are technically moving faster than the plane every time you walk from the tail towards the nose.
If the air were not part of the plane's load everything not strapped down would migrate to the rear.

Hope that makes some sense.
Thom

OK hows about this basically put --- in a atomic explosion a small amount of matter is transformed into a huge amount of energy ,heat and radation

therefore the reverse should hold true also * if small amount matter can make a huge amount of energy ---a huge amount of energy should be able to make a small amount of matter * -- once a person can make matter one can make ANYTHING known to man --- since it just the differant types of atoms and how there put together that make a gold nugget a gold nugget and a ham sandwich a ham sandwich (its just a matter of scale to make bigger non livimg items ) -- however any living life form would have no memory (say you made a 10 year old --he would have no "knowledge" like a new born child , he would be a true clone however he would have a "blank" mind ---all life forms made this way would be like that)

Pi are round , cake R square . :tard: them college folks now nuttin .

ivan salis said:
OK hows about this basically put --- in a atomic explosion a small amount of matter is transformed into a huge amount of energy ,heat and radation

therefore the reverse should hold true also * if small amount matter can make a huge amount of energy ---a huge amount of energy should be able to make a small amount of matter * -- once a person can make matter one can make ANYTHING known to man --- since it just the differant types of atoms and how there put together that make a gold nugget a gold nugget and a ham sandwich a ham sandwich (its just a matter of scale to make bigger non livimg items ) -- however any living life form would have no memory (say you made a 10 year old --he would have no "knowledge" like a new born child , he would be a true clone however he would have a "blank" mind ---all life forms made this way would be like that)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
But not necessarily..
If you could like you say make a copy of the "patterns" of the person in question you would get a exact copy of the kid, the brain and everything.
The memory sits in the brain; the synapses(?) and the energy makes up the smallest component as such you would get a exact "copy".
Think the energy is smaller then a atom or any known particle known to us today. (i.e. Neutron)

humm interesting a true "human" copy memories and all makible at any age range -- you could remake you as long as you had the complete set up -- huum a double of me just a few seconds younger -- soldeirs for war (so you don't have to fight) --laborers --(so you don't have to work )--organ donors (perfect match) yep life as a #2 me would suck. unless #1 died off.

But if #1 died wouldn't #2 get #1?? ::) ;D

thats the food chain #1 dies #2 moves up to #1 and so on --#1 would have to die (by an accident )--if it was a geneic disease both would be screwed (they would basically both die at the same age)

ivan salis said:
thats the food chain #1 dies #2 moves up to #1 and so on --#1 would have to die (by an accident )--if it was a geneic disease both would be screwed (they would basically both die at the same age)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What if up was down and down was sideways and sideways was down and down was up. Would we be right back where we started? M ??? nty

What if roads were made of old tires and tires were made of asphalt.
Would we get better mileage?

Roadquest said:
What if we could travel tru time. You could go back in time, or forward.
BUT, you had to stay. Once you were there.
Would you do it? If so. What time period would you go to?

Roadquest :clock: :idea1:

If it were before my daughter was born - I'd probably head back to the late 40s. Nowadays - I'll stay... :wink:

Roadquest said:
What if we could travel tru time. You could go back in time, or forward.
BUT, you had to stay. Once you were there.
Would you do it? If so. What time period would you go to?

Roadquest :clock: :idea1:

Knowing what I know now...
I would go back to the 1890s.
and be one of the richest men in the known world.

I would have Victorio peak to myself !

Thom

goldencoin said:
E didn't equal MC2?

HH
-GC

If E didn't MC2, the world would be more in line with my teachings cause that would mean pies are round instead of Pi's r Squared. .. never did like square pies. :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back