What is it you want to see posted?

Z

ZumbroKid

Well once i get to Montana, I have a choice of hunting sites and stlyes. Their is nugget shooting, ghost town relic hunting, park coin shooting. rock and fossil hunting. Friend out there in just a couple of years has about 40 gold rings. That is dry land hunting. This tells me there is not too much competition. Montana is known as the treasure state. What would you try to find if you went there?
P.S. this is an unoffical post! ;)

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Caches. Seek out those old buried treasure stories.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOLUME......of relics coins gold rocks fossils etc.... no pull tabs or zincers >:(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i am a fan of the old coins myself, but I'm not sure of the history that Montana has. when was Montana settled? you may have to adjust your hunting goals to match the new territory. I'm sure someone on here knows the history of Montana.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to see finds made under sidewalks.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Actually I'm a little tired of hunting in the city. Just think of those old ghost towns and mining camps. I bet very few pull tabs or modern coins are there. Fresh mountain air, wildlife big sky country! Would those pictures not be treasures in themselves? Guess my starting point is yellowstone county.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, Post some gold nuggets. Just don't go into the national park or we'll be reading obout you in the newspapers.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I posted the inside of my oven on here once. ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The world is your oyster, shepete. I'm sure anything you post will have a great story attached to it. Good luck.

Stay out of your oven. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread