OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks Dell…I started this thread to encourage people to post their thoughts about dowsing. It seems that we are the only ones interested in this subject most of the time. I know that my methods are not used by many dowsers. . I don’t want others to think my methods are more important than theirs as I see them as just another way to dowse. It would be nice to hear from other dowsers. If the skeptics give you a bad time all they have to do is hit the ignore button and you do not have to read their post. If you do not ..just ask them a few hard questions and most of them will disappear. The only way we can learn more about our hobby is to discuss it. This forum is considered a joke by many t-net members. We need to take control of it. ….We are Treasure Hunters...Art

hetty

May 24, 2007
Art, when you are waltzing along with rods in your hands and thinking of nothing in particular I feel you are Browsing , not dowsing.

max

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dell….I don’t know why Max dislikes the rest of the dowsers so much. He can dowse any way he wants. In fact the solar weather was in the red for a couple of hours today. I took advantage of it but he makes no report about how he did. I can locate targets every day. The solar weather gives me a better lock and may and I mean May give me some extra distance. I need to device a test to see if I get more distance….Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art, I guess I would be a physical Dowser also, seeing how I use molecular connection signals to follow.. I don't have to think of what I'm looking for either. I am going to try map dowsing again, with a pendalum. I was told that the map must face the same direction North facing North in order to be Dowsed? It makes sense to me, I'll try it some time..That would be mental Dowsing

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dowser…Do you use one or two rods? I have been map dowsing for a couple of years. If you need any help with the map dowsing send me an e-mail but make sure you put in a subject as anything without a subject goes in the spam file…Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, I use two rods mostly. But on rare occasion I use one while driving. But that has only worked for me twice, I'm not real sensitive.. Thanks, I will write you if I have any questions. It's nice to have you and Dell around...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Mental dowsing means to me anytime I pose a question to the instrument inquiring information about the target such as the depth or what direction the target is from me (information dowsing) and/or just keeping a picture of what I'm looking for in my minds eye without posing questions. This is also referred to as the Mental Ray concept.
The instrument may or may not be physically baited during this procedure to make a location.
Physically baiting the rod aids in the tuning of the rod to the object of search and adds more complimentary vibrations working towards the item of search.
Mental baiting also requires the operator to have a crystal clear picture of what you are looking for in your minds eye and being able to hold that image in their mind during the process. How long you need to do this I don't know, everyone is different. Starting right and ending right is the key to success.
What works for me is: I pose my question,then hold a picture of what it is I'm looking for in my minds eye for as long as I can instead of trying to hold the image of the complete sentence of my question in my head after I've posed the question. I let the question go at this point and it's strictly a mental image of a cache or whatever the item is I'm looking for as I await the answer through the instrument.
During a map dowse, I sometimes bait the instrument or place a bait on the map so I can still see it off to the side while I'm looking at the tip of the instrument. This helps me keep my attention focused on my task.
Do I believe that map dowsing incorporates mental dowsing? Yes.
Do I believe that physical baits can be used during a map dowse and be successful? Yes.
Some dowsers use a mental picture along with a properly constructed question posed in the mind silently to the instrument, combining the words with the mental image picture and the physical bait attached to the instrument or held in some other way. All of these energy fields work towards a successful location and I believe the more you can incorporate the better your dowsing.
But sometimes we just have to do the best we can with what we have.
Another illustration would be that if I am looking for american paper money I would pose my dowsing question, then incorporate the image of the money in my head along with how it smells and how it feels in my hand along with using a dollar bill as a physical bait. Again, all these extras pay off in the end and these things I mentioned help build up your concentration and sensitivity not just to different objects but other components of these objects if you choose to explore this area.
Some people have asked me what the differences are about baits.
My understanding and beliefs on this are:
Mental bait=Picture of search object in your minds eye.
Physical bait:
Witness= Facsimile of the original, i.e., picture of coin or name/picture of a missing person.
Sample= Exact item of search, i.e., actual coin or blood/hair of a missing person.
Jon

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have a question…Most of the Mental Dowsers that I know only use one rod. Is that just a preference or is that the way it works best?...Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike (Mont)
Yes, asking a question when I'm not at the site is mental dowsing to me. I call this information dowsing. Your question is also the "bait" at this point and picturing the item along with that is a mental bait also. Asking: Is there gold at this particular site? If there is any type there then you would get a yes answer. Then if you want to find out what type it is, Coin cache, vein, ect. then you would ask for this specifically after you find out that there is gold of some type there. You would need to do this info asking over a map/photo or know what parcel or lot number of the property you are dealing with, or if you have been there already,have a clear image of what the site looks like. Walking along and asking, Is this the place? is mental information dowsing. Yes I sense and make contact with the target,you learn how this feels to you through lots of practice. Mental dowsing requires extreme concentration on what you are looking for. This concentration enables me to focus precisely on the search item and let go of wanting to control the instrument. Mental rays are mental dowsing. And I too believe there are physics involved but talking about that here is veering away from the original question asked "What is mental dowsing?"
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
I have a question…Most of the Mental Dowsers that I know only use one rod. Is that just a preference or is that the way it works best?...Art
Art, you may use 2 angle rods to mental dowse.
Let's say you dowsed a photo w/ your pendulum and picked up on a gold coin cache, you head to the site and once there you hold your angle rods in the search position, then pose this question to the rods with an image in your minds eye of the cache:
Will the angle rods please show me our yes answer when I'm facing in the direction of the gold coin cache previously dowsed? Then turn and sweep your rods to cover the area in question.
Or you may skip the question part and just have the image of the cache in your minds eye and do your sweep, wait for your yes, then proceed on that direction line to the cache.
I don't recommend that you attempt to map dowse with 2 angle rods,this becomes very clumsy trying to sweep over the map and keep the rods level and make locations on the maps.
I find it best to use one L- rod from the pair if you want to map dowse and have that rod in your writing hand. Once you intersect an area on the map, use your index finger of your left hand to search around the area that you intersected while you hold the one L-rod in your right hand with the image of what you are looking for in your minds eye and look at your left hand index finger as it searches on the map.
Using your index finger or a pointer in your left hand to pinpoint or even search the whole map for that matter is just like having both angle rods in your hands but your finger or pointer is more mobile and free to touch anywhere on the map. Your LH ID finger/pointer takes the place of your LH angle rod. If your yes is that your 2 angle rods close then the one rod should pull to and lock over your finger or pointer for your yes when map dowsing.
Jon

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art.. From what I've witnessed and learned is while using a single rod, you hold it basically palm up, with your thumb on top of it, and you use a lengthy and flimsy rod. It is sometimes good to attach a Chrystal on the end for some reason. But I'm not sure if a positive Chrystal or negative Chrystal or neutral one would be best. I have one neutral one. I have also seen the end of one just made of metal, it was a plumb bob welded to the end. This was a two hand rod basically. And you probably know that holding, which is baiting, helps. Element for element. Your just trying to feel that signal line heading toward you, created by that element. Just like if you set the object on the ground, and used your l- rods 90 degrees to the line. The best way to practice is with a super signal of some element you know in the area. Use your single rod pointing in front of you, slowly move it back and forth, try to feel that large object, like a bulldozer, while holding iron, try to feel that signal line. If perfected, or mastered, it would be the next step up from what we do. After that we move on to no bait, just by thought.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The only experience I have with one rod has been some testing here at home. I could pick up the signal but found that I could follow it and mark the spot more accurate with two rods. For map dowsing I use a pendulum. I first read the Dowsers Oath and then I Question the whole map, photo etc. I then divide the map into 4 parts and start to eliminate areas. I keep dividing the areas where I get hits until I have it down to a small area. Here is the Dowsers Oath that I read…

May I, can I, should I, ESTABLISH, CHANGE OR ADD Dowsing Conditions and Agreements or Programs which will be continually in effect until changed by me.
"Primary Program is to be continually in effect until I choose to make changes.
Covering the overall primary controls, limits, agreements and dowsing responses.
The Purpose is to determine amounts, effects, conditions, circumstances, influences, times, measurements, distances, numbers, percentages and other requested areas.
Dowsing Communications to be inter- cooperative and restricted to: the Overall Universal Superconscious, my Superconscious, my Higher Self and their approved Spirit Guides/Guardian Angels, and others of their choice, my Mind Systems, my Subconscious and its related systems. This is to cause me no harm, discomfort or loss of energy, either physically or spirituality.
Influences such as misleading thoughts, imaging, wishes, or any other conditions from any source, physical or non- physical, including my own or other persons, entities or mind systems of any kind, are not to affect me adversely or cause incorrect dowsing answers.
Time as related to dowsing is to be in my time unless other wise requested.
Answers are to be selected from all available knowledge and information sources.
The Method of Answering by the pendulum or any dowsing systems is to be: General, swinging or moving to "yes", "no" or other information, indicating the most appropriate answer for the question asked. Clockwise spin is for searching or other agreed-on systems.
Temporary Changes may be made by me while dowsing, reverting back after use.
Program Changes like adding, deleting or changing may be made by me, but only by using a three step system of my choice. End of program."
"May 1. Can 1, Should I Program, is to become a working part of all my Dowsing Programs, and be continually in effect until I choose to make changes. When used in reference to dowsing questions, the May 1, Can 1, Should 1, is to have the following meaning:
May I is to mean: Do I have appropriate permission?
Can I means: Do I have the ability to successfully dowse in this area and am I ready?
Should I means: Considering all aspects related to this situation would it be appropriate, proper and suitable to dowse in this area?
"Map Dowsing Program is to become part of and work with all my programs or agreements, and to be in effect until I choose to make changes. When using a map or drawing, some type of dowsing device, and with or without an additional pointer or straight edge, the dowsing system is to indicate when the pointer, straight edge or dowsing device is indicating the present map represented location of the object, subject or target specified by the dowser. End of Program., thank you"

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

Hey Jon….When I am working with a map I have to be careful. If my left hand should happen to touch the paper or the pendulum last I will get all yes answers….Give the knife experiment a try. I was the only one out of the five people that tried it to get this reaction….Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also with rod dowsing, after the first element has been placed on the ground and a line established. An alignment of some sort has been created. Care has to be taken when placing a second signal after removing the first, on that same line. In your mind, it allready now knows their is a line there, even though it's not what you are now looking for, you can be fooled in believing there is one, unless you sort of erase it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions