What is the best DRY beach sand detector for depth??

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseeker 1 said:
I was curious...what detector/and coil goes respetably deeper than most in dry sand at the beach?? :dontknow: I have heard of some going to 14 to 16 inches on a quarter, and halfs...are there others that go maby deeper?? Love to hear from you guys!!...Thanks.

If you can afford it........The Lorenz Deepmax LPX2 with 18 inch (45cm) concentric Search coil $2,209.95
Reportedly will find a single coin at 20 inches deep !
Larger treasure at 20 feet! Also unaffected by saltwater mineralization.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/lorenz/lorenzLPX2.htm

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deepest PI I've tried was a Sea Hunter Mark II. The deepest VLF was a Sovereign. This is on white gulf sand.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
The deepest PI I've tried was a Sea Hunter Mark II. The deepest VLF was a Sovereign. This is on white gulf sand.

Most Pulse detectors are very deep and the larger the coil the deeper they go. The Infinium LS, Sand Shark, Sea Hunter Mark II, and Surf Pro are some and will also do well in the wet sand. They just love to find iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread