Whats a good second machine to the sand shark for price, and performance??

Deepseeker 1

Nov 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Ace 250
What's a good second machine to the sand shark for price, and performance??

I would like to know since Tesoro hasen't gotten up and running with the new connector on thier machine yet :BangHead:...What machine in everyone's opinion is a second/or equal, or better in performance for the same price range as the Tesoro Sand Shark? :read2: I'm getting sick of waiting for them to start up again....how long has it been?? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Over a year...I hate to think how many millions they lost over a simple connector replacement. :nono: I worked in electronics manufacturing...they should make thier own...Anyway ...What's a good machine that is equal to or better than the Sand Shark, at about the same price range?? I appreciate any/and all responses from all of you members as you guys have a lot ov experience with many machines... Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's a good second machine to the sand shark for price, and performance??

Minelab Excalibur...........Not same price range new, but look for a good used one...One just sold here for $600..

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

White's Surfamaster PI Pro if you are looking for a PI. I bought one for $400 used with extras and have seen them for as low as $350. If you don't mind a little weight, the Sea Hunter Mark II is fantastic and just a bit more than the Sand Shark. If you hip mount it (hip mount is included), the weight doesn't really matter.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For PI machines the Sea Hunter is fine and you can change coils just like with the Tesoro Sand Shark. The White's Surf Pro PI has the coil and head phones hard wired. The coil has to be forced down in the water as it floats, but you don't notice this on dry sand.

The Excal or Sov GT is excellent on sand too and either of them with a WOT coil installed is equal in depth to the PI's with the addition of better disc to iron. They also have target tone ID so you can skip the coins and swing for the mid tones which are gold and pull tabs, nickels.

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Apples to apples (Pi to Pi) the sea hunter II is about the same for the price. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions