What is the best way for the GTI 2500

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out with my GTI 2500 today. Up in the mountains and the desert, when i place the coil to close to the ground I get a constant eratic sound. Is this due to high mineralization? If so what what you recomend I do to correct it. When I hunt noraml parks and all I do not have a problem. I finally hunted in all metal mode thinking that maybe there is high minerals in the ground. Any help you can give would be most helpful. Thank you, Kevin

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to fix the spelling. Maybe then I can get a few comments.

I went out with my GTI 2500 today. Need help! When i place the coil close to the ground I get the constant eratic sound. Sometimes it even shuts the detector down. I just turn it back on and I still get the same. Is this due to high mineralization where I am detecting? If so what if any recommendation you can give me to fix this? I have checked coil and cable and all works well. When I hunt normal parks with less mineralization the detector is fine. I ended up hunting in all metal mode thinking that maybe there is high minerals in the ground. Any help you can give would be most helpful. Thank you, Kevin

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could try to lower sensitivity.
Thats all I can think of for now, maybe a manual ground balance is in order else.

Jul 19, 2008
Send it back to the factory it has a major problem, it is not suppose to shut down if it encounters noise!!!! I have gone through three brand new GTIs in 5 months and am sending my third one back tomorrow for another repair, Garretts have really gone down hill, there build and production quality does not exist!!! If I had known that Garretts junk was this bad in the first place I would never have purchased one!!!!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back of on your sensitivity and manually ground balance. You might also try the salt water setting or whatever it is called, I forget. Sometimes that will settle it down. Also, check your fittings and connections. A weak battery will also cause problems. Monty

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Monty said:
Back of on your sensitivity and manually ground balance. You might also try the salt water setting or whatever it is called, I forget. Sometimes that will settle it down. Also, check your fittings and connections. A weak battery will also cause problems. Monty

Yup, I can only confirm that.

TC-NM

Jun 8, 2008
Sunny AZ
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro & Spectra V3i / White's E Series 9000 & Sunray Pro Golds HP's / Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT/ White's digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can send your GTI 2500 back and have them install a new chip to handle mineralization better. I sent mine back about a year ago and it seemed to help smooth out some of places I detect in NM. Call them or email your concerns and for $40 for the chip plus $10 s/h.

Hope this helps,

TC-NM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread