Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had a DFX for years, but always stuck by the old, trusty, better be buried with it when I die Silver Eagle. I know the basic basics of the DFX, but have a few questions. What is the difference between an area that is high mineralization, and high iron? Does an area, say an old dump, that has lots of visible nails and pieces of tin, constitute high iron? Or does the fact that the iron nails that have rusted and leached into the soil constitute a high mineralization type of soil? been reading "Digging Deeper with the DFX" and he has a program for each type of condition. Any help in plain old, Carl can understand English would be greatly appreciated.
Carl
Carl

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Have had a DFX for years, but always stuck by the old, trusty, better be buried with it when I die Silver Eagle. I know the basic basics of the DFX, but have a few questions. What is the difference between an area that is high mineralization, and high iron? Does an area, say an old dump, that has lots of visible nails and pieces of tin, constitute high iron? Or does the fact that the iron nails that have rusted and leached into the soil constitute a high mineralization type of soil? been reading "Digging Deeper with the DFX" and he has a program for each type of condition. Any help in plain old, Carl can understand English would be greatly appreciated.
Carl
Carl

"What is the difference between an area that is high mineralization, and high iron?"

Areas that have black sand (magnetite, hematite and others) and salts would be considered high in mineralization (black sand is what we call high iron). The presence of black sand and salts is a good indicator of high minerals, moister would heighten this effect.

Bits of iron, tin, and junk spread throughout a site would be considered trash, not minerals. All areas are different. As you know depth is less in areas with high mineralization. A VLF machines has a hard time cutting through highly mineralized ground, PI machines don't.
:icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread