SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started hunting with my first detector, many years ago, I thought I hit a cache in my back yard. Huge signal turned out to be a big piece of sheet metal, maybe three feet by four feet, buried about a foot down.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 4X4 ft. Piece of aluminum? At the beach a foot down. Saw a corner of it felt the rest of it. Couldn't dig it up in coming tide. Thought it was a pirates chest! Lol!

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Part of a porcelain coated kitchen sink, approx 1 1/2 x 2 feet

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cover to an iron stove,thang was heavvvvy!

Neildo85

Feb 19, 2014
Southern ILL
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 1500 (inherited from grandpa)
Marksman(cheap gift from wife)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a lot of railroad plates and even found a chunk of track less than a foot long. Also found an antique grease gun on my in-laws farm; pieces of roofing from the same old barn too. Weight-wise though probably the piece of railroad track.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the biggest was a 3 by 8 sheet of sheet metal. The heaviest was a piece of cast iron off of a tractor or pump of some kind it weighed probably 40lbs. I found the sheet metal in a yard and the cast iron part while searching a river bed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vintage Curve Sign. Sorry I can't get into my Garage / Museum due to a Ton of Ice & Snow so I can't measure it

DSCF0014.JPG

Of course Length wise I guess the Oar is Larger :dontknow:

DSCF0014 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you win the prize for the coolest hunk of metal. If it has any bullet holes in it then it's even better. Can't get to my shed either due to crazy deep snow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you win the prize for the coolest hunk of metal. If it has any bullet holes in it then it's even better. Can't get to my shed either due to crazy deep snow.
yes & there another Big Mix predicted Sunday through Tuesday here :(

Bullet holes, hmm for some reason I think there may be.. But then again this is an older sign.. May predate lack of respect for property :tongue3:

anyway, something I'll need to remember to look for this summer
if it gets here

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 10 years ago I was cleaning all the signals out of my yard, and found a bathtub! The previous owner was a tightwad and didn't want to get a dumpster.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest thing I found is in a farm field, it's probably something left in the ground from oil wells. To dig it I would have to use a backhoe, it's real big.

BertC

Dec 25, 2013
My wife and I found a Eagle Claw bath tub. 5 feet long. We didn't have any use for it so we posted it on Craigslist for 400 and got 350 for it.

LeoNorth

Mar 1, 2014
central Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long time ago I was detecting around the end of a driveway on the edge of a hill. I had a persistent signal that I knew was something big. Fortunately, the landowner came over and he told me there was the wreck of half of someone's old jalopy buried under there. It had been pushed to the end of the driveway, and eventually became a part of the driveway itself.

I did not keep digging to find out if this was true though... so I cannot verify that it actually was a car.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Water hunting I have found the biggest ring ever, no doubt in my mind. I found a ring eight feet in diameter about 1" thick. It was a large round metal hoop of some sort. This area of the water at one time must have had some industrial buildings there because I found old wrenches and other tools and part. These were about 6" deep in knee deep water at a swimming beach. I rolled the big ring up on the beach and the park employees thanked me and rolled it away.

At another beach I find a manhole cover. The park ranger laughed and said "we have been looking for that". Of course he was just kidding. We pulled it off to the side and he had some of the park employees haul it off.

I gotta admit though- I love the curves sign!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An aluminum canoe, in tact and completely buried.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not the biggest thing, but maybe the longest.. Digging a target in my side yard, cut my own phone cable.. wife was pissed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread