What is the most $ amount of halfs I should dump at one time?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There really is no way to know. All banks are different. I have a dump bank that has told me I can bring in as much coin as I want, as often as I want, and it will be no problem...and so far it hasn't. I had another dump bank that even though I had secured "permission" from the branch manager beforehand to dump as much as $1000 weekly, they cut me off after just a few weeks of dumping $500.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I think it depends on who has to remove the coins from the machine. when it becomes a hassle for the bank, they'll cut you off. they don't like physical labor.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sniffer said:
I think it depends on who has to remove the coins from the machine. when it becomes a hassle for the bank, they'll cut you off. they don't like physical labor.

Bingo!!!!!

Truer words have never been spoken.

Five boxes of halves? Really? That seems extremely bold to me...but that is just me.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on the bank. Some banks have terrible coin counters that will take forever, will fill several bags per box and will jam frequently. Other banks have much nicer coin counters that are fast, won't jam and can hold a box worth of halves in a bag. It just depends. If you are dumping at a bank with terrible coin counters, you will be cut off quickly because its too much of a pain and takes up time they could be spending with customers who are making money for the bank. On the other hand, if a bank has a better coin counter, dumping won't be a big deal. You just have to see what coin counters they are using.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
All good poo from above points. My rule of thumb is, if they have to count, 1K is most I will dump. Coin counter in lobby = 2-3K depending on traffic in bank, so if it does jam, they are not flustered by people backing up in line while they come fix counter.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do $500-$750 per time since I deal with 2-3 boxes of halves(I like to dump them in no more than 2 trips)

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I do about $1000 at a time.
I much prefer the coin counting machine in the lobby.

This has been said before: They don't like physical labor.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't dump all at the same bank. Sounds like a mistake to me, spread it out over 2 or 3 banks. You don't want to stir up issues by over dumping.

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
Why not call and ask? My response was "Gee, thanks for calling - a good time (as they are slower, turns out) is ____."

They also know I'll wait to start if they have a line. Mebbe it's the country in me, but sugar always works with the young AND old ladies!!

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank's machine can handle $1,000 in halves per bag. I think I will call and ask tomorrow morning. I would love one dump per week. The bank near me has the machine around a corner where no one can see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread