What is the strangest public place you have CRHed at?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't do halves in public since you could get robbed, if not there, then later. I did do a box at the bank once when I was waiting for their slow coin machine to count my pennies, though.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My house.
With the doors locked and the window shades drawn.

Keeping or showing large volumes of cash or coin in public is just asking to be robbed.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My house.
With the doors locked and the window shades drawn.

Keeping or showing large volumes of cash or coin in public is just asking to be robbed.

Same here, I'll check a couple of CWR's in the parking lot real qwik when I get in the truck, otherwise it's at home with the 9mm on top of the fridge 2 steps away from me but out of my kids sight and reach. Maverick.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
While I was waiting for my prostitute to get into the back of my van. She took forever, her first time in heels.. >:(

Just kidding! Did some dime rolls in the bank, waiting for my mom to finish her banking :P

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I once opened a box of cents in the middle of a highway being carried on top of a sofa help by 6 different jockies. Found 23 wheats that day.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a qurater box of pennies out the back of my SUV (back open) on lunch hour at an Arbys. Got some strange looks and one "aint you supposed to me putting the pennies IN the tubes?"

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once opened a box of cents in the middle of a highway being carried on top of a sofa help by 6 different jockies. Found 23 wheats that day.

You're awesome dude. That is really ****ing funny!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
MrSchulz said:
... a box of halves in Walmart parking lot...

Nooooooo... Don't do it...

Seriously, looked through a few CWRs in one of my pick up banks parking lot and almost got kidnapped and probably raped. Didn't make that mistake again...

Last edited:

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
As for mine, i've searched a box of nickels inside McDonalds, a box of halves in Walmart parking lot, half a box of cents on the floor in a waiting room, and $10 in cents in 5 minutes before school started, in the class room.

YOUR A TEACHER! What subject do you teach?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Parking lot? ...All the time. I go through $200-$300 at a time in dimes sitting in the car with the doors open because I don't have air conditioning. Probably isn't the smartest thing.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A westlake Park in Seattle. On my Bicycle.

Throwing the clad into my Pannier on my back rack, and pocketing the silvers. I had to go through about 500 in clad. So their was 500 in clad on my bike, as I would lock it up from bank to bank throughout the Downtown business area of Seattle WA. This was about 2 weeks ago.

I posted the pic of the 7 or 8 silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread