Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a bronze nail or pin to me.
Could have been used to secure stones, statues, monuments or even a plaque in place? :icon_scratch:
Can you provide us with the dimensions for some perspective?

Oh yeah . . . Welcome to Tnet RusBus! :hello:

Attachments

• Copper Nail.JPG
    Copper Nail.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 838

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great first post Welcome to treasurenet!! :hello2: :hello2: Looks like some type of anchor!! for stone to me!!! HH Chug

sneaky6

Aug 14, 2007
Deep Dug Hole, VA
What size is it? Take a picture of your artifact next to an object we can all relate to...like a quarter or a dime. It would help us out a great deal.

Sneaky6

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A more clear pic next to a ruler would be great and include a couple of different angles. Is the tapered end, toward the hook, 'stepped' down in sizes? Your pic appears to show 5 or 6 graduated sizes, indicating it may have been used as a guage of some sort. Knowing the general area where you found the item and how deep would also be helpful in the identification.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
maybe it was used to hold something in place? cool no matter what though! :thumbsup: and welcome to T-net!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

RusBus42

Dec 22, 2010
thanks to all the help from all of yall. As i have seen other pictures i will use objects to relate how big it is. It is brass, about 2 and a half inches big a quarter of an inch big by the square thing, and a bout an inch at the square it's about .6 oucnces as well. I found it about 7 inches deep. Thank yall very much for all the help trying to figure what this object is.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RusBus42 said:
thanks to all the help from all of yall. As i have seen other pictures i will use objects to relate how big it is. It is brass, about 2 and a half inches big a quarter of an inch big by the square thing, and a bout an inch at the square it's about .6 oucnces as well. I found it about 7 inches deep. Thank yall very much for all the help trying to figure what this object is.

You may also want to try posting it in the What Is It forum as opposed to Today's Finds...give the moderators a break! ;D

lumix

Jun 11, 2005
Rhode Island
I'm not following your dimensions. Is that a hole on the top of the square part?
First thing that I thought of is a hinge. This part would be driven into a hole in a stone post. The other half of the hinge would have a pin and would be attached to a gate. But that's only if there's a hole there.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lumix said:
I'm not following your dimensions. Is that a hole on the top of the square part?
First thing that I thought of is a hinge. This part would be driven into a hole in a stone post. The other half of the hinge would have a pin and would be attached to a gate. But that's only if there's a hole there.

I think this one will be solved soon!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is there a hole???????

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe lumix may be on the right track, however, like him, your description of dimensions leave a lot to be desired. Of course, it could be that "I just ain't that smart!" Try putting up some more pics from different angles, with a reference item (like a ruler).

And, yes, this really should be in the "What is it?" forum.

OP
OP
R

RusBus42

Dec 22, 2010
There is a whole on both sides of the square, kinda looks like screw can go in

Confederate 1

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2010
Natchez, Ms.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 / Bounty Hunter 505/ Bounty Hunter 101/ T20B
Welcome to the hunt RusBus ...Your first relic find is interesting...Glad you are taking up the hobby, glad to know their are some high school chaps interested in the hobby. Might be some type of grounding bus anchor.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is that golden spike put into the trans-continental railroad when the two "ends" met in Ogden, UT! Congrats!! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread