moosic pa

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am using the program I got at Andys bootcamp that sounds similar to the excal.
I am not to sure why I like it so much? Maybe because its simple? I had gotten the Nox and sold it because I just kept grabbing for the ctx.
The Nox was just too chatty for me, but Im sure if I took more time with it I would have gotten used to it.

Yeah, I almost got rid of my Nox a couple of months ago. Glad I held off, my ctx3030 got the dark screen lines so I’m sending it in. I’ll probably drop the nox after I get my CTX back.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Depends on the environment i.e. mineralization, trash levels, salt water, wet/dry sand or soil etc.

When I used the CTX, I went with 3 tones combined ( Ferrous 24 @ 75kHz, conductive at 28 @200kHz and 29 up @1000kHz) and normallyOpen screen, Ferrous coin or high trash, Fast and deep situationally dependent, Pinpoint sizing.

Again, as my signature block says, " ~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. It’s up to you to pick the best seat~" :icon_thumright:

Just the view from my foxhole....

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried anyone else's programs yet. What I did was for ground hunting, I modified the stock "coin & jewelry" program by widening the entire response area by 'one block', creating a larger response zone across the board. Then I've been manually adjusting the sensitivity to a very slight chatter from the ground I'm hunting, changing it as necessary as I go.
I don't think I'm missing anything, as I dig all repeatable responses, even if I THINK it's trash.

I Just ordered the book "
The Minelab CTX 3030 Metal Detector Handbook by Andy Sabisch
" on eBay, so I looking forward to reading this and learning more on the capabilities. http://www.ebay.com/itm/201467270574

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread