What is your favorite type of location to hunt?

Abandoned homesteads in the woods and old waystations along the river. Any old settlements/ghost towns that are farm fields or woods now....

I really enjoy swim areas where ever it isn't to far from the car to the water. These days I have trouble walking to the water, and I don't think they make waterproof scooters to get me there.

Once there I am happy as a clam. It helps if there are no large people in Speedo's.

Old-town urban demolition sites, and places were California adobes (Spanish/Mexican era mud-brick houses) once stood.

Anywhere removed from urban centres and curiosity seekers, wild and remote being preferred.. for old home sites, ghost town areas and abandoned mining prospects; but, if I were in town, old baseball diamonds...less trash, higher jewellery to trash ratio, and quite productive for old silver as well (silver coins that is). Jim.

any spots were folks lived in the past ----say 100 or more ago (pre 1900)--- but that is not populated heavily today --- generally a bit off the "well beaten path"

Dr. Ace said:
Where do you like to hunt? What areas produce the best for you?

hh,

Dr. Ace
Salt water beaches. Even if I don't find anything, I love a day at the beach. I want to get a bumper sticker, "Life's a Beach". I don't work, I just visit beaches. Some beaches can be breathtaking. And if there are bikini clad local flora and fauna there, even better!! :wink:

Massbaycolonist said:
Dr. Ace said:
Where do you like to hunt? What areas produce the best for you?

hh,

Dr. Ace
Salt water beaches. Even if I don't find anything, I love a day at the beach. I want to get a bumper sticker, "Life's a Beach". I don't work, I just visit beaches. Some beaches can be breathtaking. And if there are bikini clad local flora and fauna there, even better!! :wink:

Ditto on the above and on into the surf.

Thanks for all the responses. Where I live (southern Iowa) there are not a lot of beaches. I have had the best luck hunting on private property. Our city parks and sports complexes have also been good producers, at least quantity wise. One part of a local park has produced several wheats and an IH for me, another park has given up a silver and a couple of wheats. The other silver(s) I have found have all been on private property.

There are a lot of abandoned farm sites around here. I hope to check some of them out soon. Schools have variously been good and bad. It all depends.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Hh,

Dr. Ace

Construction sites, Construction sites and more Construction sites. Do your research in your area, learn how to graciously ask for permission and wait for the windows of the past to be opened for you. Everytime a building is demolished, an old road is repaired, a sidewalk is redone, a lot is graded, etc., a window to the past is opened for you that has not seen a detector ever in most cases. It is one of the only ways that you can guarantee that you are the first to put a detector in that area. My best finds, including a two piece CS script Civll War Buckle, rated a 9 in rarity on a 10 scale, have come from construction sites.

Anywhere I can get permission. :icon_pirat:

Private yards(old), the woods, beaches, recreational areas pretty much anywhere I can find coins.

:thumbsup: BEACHES :thumbsup: BEACHES :thumbsup: BEACHES :thumbsup: BEACHES :thumbsup: BEACHES :thumbsup:

Daytona_Beach1-1.jpg

472980610VMNMfq_ph1.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

Marty_Daytona.jpg

:D Treasure_Hunter I can see why!!! ::)

Favorite places for me are the woods.I bring along a small digital camera for some shots of woodland critters when I get a chance too LOL mostly everywhere where people once were and arent now is good for me,,Im a people type person,,but now hen Im hunting,I hate questions ,looks and so on,,LOL

A site with NO PULLTABS!! :tard: Seriously, I love hunting old fairgrounds. I find a great deal of coins (two Merc's) Mr. Pepper and I are starting to find jewelry now. He found a 10K gold plated bracelet on our last hunt,

Well for mass targets I like hitting schools. Lots of money and the very good chance of jewelery. Summertimes are great for this no classes. For older targets I like private yards. Every now and then I hit parks. I really do not like to many people around.

I would like the chance to hunt beaches, maybe one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back