weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
construction, pipefitter, equipment operator and what ever else they happen to need at a chemical plant.

Junkophile

Apr 1, 2007
Deep South Texas
I work for a company that primarily builds tennis courts, both residential and for schools. We also do athelic field events like running tracks, broad jumps, etc.. Almost everything is done ground up and in-house, so you have to be versitile. When things get slow we will branch out and do concrete flat work like warehous foundations and parking lots. Since I'm genrally in on the early stages of construction, I see plenty of opptunities to use a MD in the future. ;)

Prior jobs have been a machinist in the Navy and an maintance man in the laundry/uniform rental business. Did go back to school on the GI Bill to learn industrial mechnics and automation but burnt out before I could get my degree. :'(

In my heart of hearts I wish I could be an adventurer, solider of fortune, lover of exotic women, dispeller of myths and seeker of truths. ;D

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Golf Course grounds keeper/Antique shop manager

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have "worn many hats". I started out selling seeds and Christmas cards door to door, Then a paper route, A Sunday morning cook at a retaraunt at 13, printing shops, night manager of a gas station, military police, retail store manager, armed security, was a maintenance/coin teller at a bank(talk about fringe benefits!) had my own maintenance business, printer, maintenance at a hospital and nursing home, tire repairer, pizza delivery, and currently a remodeller and locksmith. Right now I'm doing remodelling at Ernie Elliot's house. Anyone who knows about NASCAR knows who Ernie Elliot is. I also helped out when the Circus came to town. I was the guy that you gave your quarter to operate the crane for the cheap prizes you spent a fortune to get. I have had alot of different jobs and that has helped me to be self sufficient as I have travelled in my life. My Grandmother always told me, "You are a unique individual and you march to your own beat, but you are smart and you will always succeed." Thank You Grandma....I love you!
Scott

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Retired now,Was Personal security consultant,than A carpenter,Now professional Detectorist,just not very good at it.
HH,Mont

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I sell Propane and Propane accesories, No really I do, I also have a Ebay store on the side where I sell more Propane accesories, If you need any guestions answered on the subject, go to Ebay click on Community, and type in yoepatties.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
27 years as one of the few american merchant seaman left out there--worked in the steward dept--worked as a messhand,room steward (br),3rd cook,baker,cheif cook and as a cheif steward (chef) for the last 20 years-- worked on many differant types of vessels--like LNG tankers,oil tankers,chemical tankers, cargo ships,tug boatsand telephone cable laying ships and various military contracted vessels--did ahm oceanagraphic research stuff back in the early 80's--(classified stuff) was in the phillipines during the red flag revoltion on a prepo ship,and was in both gulf wars --ammo ship suppling the aircract carrier america (task force 155) during the first and fleet fuel tanker during the second.(we merchant marines are "not" concidered vets by US govt by the way--even though all the military we worked with were are--however I was "awarded" the United States Merchant Marine Expeditionary Award / certificate paper (Twice) for support of allied forces during the action-**sailing in the war zone at risk supplying the military forces with ammo and fuel** however I have to "buy" the "medals" myself if I want one to show folks as the govt will not spend the money to issue them to us being we're not "vets"--sad huh?.only took the govt 50 years to award WWII merchant seaman "vet" status---during my travels I have been to just about everywhere --middle east,far east,europe,south american (both coast) ---even diego garica (biot) been known to be a good cook and mix up a mean mojo.--- retiring now--- bad health is kind of slowing me down but still chugging along---Ivan

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
CDL Driver – Full time Local Truck Driver

Fireworks Pyrotechnician (Loader / Shooter) – Part Time 15 Years

Haunted House / Haunted Barn - 25 year Volunteer / Consultant

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I'm the clerical guy for the maintenance department at the state mental hospital. Not thrilling work but my boss and co-workers are good people.

On the side I sometimes help my uncle install countertops and cabinets when he is short a worker or two.

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Pawnbroker in Australia for 5 years now :-\. I think I've heard and seen it all. Treelopping for my father in laws company on my days off.

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Union Brick-Mason for thirty years. Retired and....for some stupid reason, I went back to work for the State of Oregon in the Bridge Dept. for thirteen years. I am now REEEEEEttired.

Hey pgill,...don't let them razzz you, it might be our crap but it's your bread and butter.

Bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread