Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hottest March in California since records were taken (in the 1800s).
Average temp in March was higher than the average temp in June!!
Tomorrow's forecast: 81 in San Diego.
Our gov. just made executive decision: 25% cutback in water useage. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Don...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a long hot winter here in California! I think we had 2 days of winter!
I'm not complaining but send some truck loads of snow this way.
We really need the water!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Isn't it so much the opposite situation on the other side of the continent. Here in Atlantic Canada we are anticipating another half a foot of snow this weekend which will no doubt put us over the all time record EVER for a snowfall accumulation in a season; something like a 18 feet of snow! So I have a good feeling that the water table will be topped up, my well will be just fine and the trees and foliage will be lush and green for a good long time.

Let the summer heat come and bake us because we are ready for a change and anything but winter will be welcome.

Although California and other areas will have drought situations and risks of fires and crop failures I feel bad for you. If possible I would gladly trade any of the snow for a day of detecting. I don't think there's any amount of a bad situation I would trade for detecting though; you have no water, and we have too much!

Extremes in our environments is what the world is these days of "global warming" and that is just crazy!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent the day with my son, and on the ride home I noticed that the spot where I found a '62 Washington is all open bare ground now. The field is still 6" of snow in patches, but tomorrow I'm going to try my Deus out on the spot around the carriage shed again. Its supposed to be 65F tomorrow! Woohoo!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I`m very cold from this "global warming"
dontknow.gif

Global warming is on average. The whole US could be under a mile of glacier but if the oceans are 1° warmer than they were it is still warmer globally.

The climate is a big, complex machine and the ocean currents drive the weather.

Back in the 70's they should have started calling it "Screwed Up Weather" instead of "Global Warming".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread