What lead you to look for treasure?

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Initially treasure hunting was a need...I grew up pretty pore and made ends meet finding stuff and working odd jobs.

I would always be on the look out for freebies from the local landfill, neighbors left overs from yard sales, hand outs, etc. As I grew older and cash flow started coming in I bought my first metal detector (Still have it) and expanded my treasure hunts to beaches off the coast of Maine. Found tons of profitable finds and started to learn that this was becomming a hobby of enjoyement vise a need.

Many many years later it is all about getting some fresh air and enjoying my alone time during the hunt.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor called the museum to come get the cannonball he dug out of his garden. They would not take it for ten years because it was live. One day he called and some one showed up within the hour and took the ball and left.
I went to the museum soon after and there was no record of the donation on the books.. I tried to get that cannonball from the old man since I was 12 years old but he was worried I would get blown up.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet find Chug!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid growing up I was always finding money laying on the ground, still do guess its cause I'm still a kid. As a 20 year old adultish I was interested in electronics and one magazine had an article on making your own BFO metal detector, it worked and found ALL metal. Finally I wound up borrowing a friends 6000D Coinmaster and learned what real metal detecting was all about. Its been an on and off thing for me for a long time now and I've no thoughts of ever stopping............63bkpkr

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Learning of this website and seeing all these goodies being unearthed and wanted to get into the action, also to find civil war relics. Finally found 5 civil war Minnie balls, super thrilled to find and save history. HH!!!

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am a garage saler at heart and this fit right in. Interestingly enough, my favorite finds are some match box cars and nails in the stomach of emus for my bro in law the vet. In reality, I do it because I like the research on where to go, the exercise helps, and it is much better than watching reruns.

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the early 80s,myself and a friend found a "kotex" box at a demolition site.We smashed it open,and it was filled with mercury dimes,buffalo nickles, and"war nickles".I was about 9yrs old,and when my mom told me what "kotex" were for I was horrified. Seeing and hearing that silver hit the ground,hooked me for life.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
My grandfathers attic. He died when I was 2. My grandmother lived in the house for more 14 years And I went up there all the time. She had never been up there and he hadn't been for years before he died. So many treasures... Wish I knew then what I know now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread