What to do with bent, corroded, otherwise unspendable coins?

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
My stack of bad coins. Counted 68 quarters, found metal detecting the last several years. bent coins.jpg

Upvote 7

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I soak my clad in a vinegar salt mix to get any crud off. I'll roll pennies. The nickels, dimes, and quarters I dump into vending machines then hit the refund button for shiny replacements. I dont let my tarnished clad build up so it's easier to get rid off. I'll put any bent coins (I don't find many) into tip jars.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use mine for car wash and coffee, bent or dirty don’t matter.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could sprinkle them around your metal detecting competitions yard.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reload them spent .12 gauge rounds with a stack of crusty Zincolns. Go to the range and watch the magic...(just don't use your best shotgun...) LOL! :laughing7: Sub.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my bent coins in my vice, and flatten them out. I always tumble my coins at the end of the year, and take them to the bank to cash in. Then I run to the coin store, and repurchase silver bars, or junk silver coins. Every now and then, the teller at the bank will bring a coin back to me that she said would not go thru the machine. It's not often though. Clean those babies up and happy spending !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread