What to Use?

TOWcritter

Hi. I'm a carpenter by trade and Home Depot has what you need cheap! I have a tool belt with a soft-side nail pouch with 3 pockets. Holds digging trowel, pinpointer, towel and other assorted small items. There's enough room for a couple hours of pull tabs and gold rings! LOL! Onion!

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
:)I BOUGHT A BAG WITH THREE BIG POUCHES AT AN ARMY SURPLUS STORE FOR 12.00 LOVE IT POUCHES ARE BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD A FOLD UP ARMY SHOVEL IN ONE POUCH THE SECOND ONE I KEEP A BOTTLE OF WATER AND A COUPLE DISHTOWLES, AND THE THIRD FOR FINDS ,LOOKS BULKY BUT THE WAY THEY ARE SPACED OUT WORKS GREAT HAS ZIPPERS ON ALL POUCHES SO YOU DONT LOSE ANY THING AND THE THING IS COMFORTABLE DOES NOT GET IN YOUR WAY ,THE BELT PART IS WIDE SUPPORTS VERY WELL

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I have a medium black carpenter pouch. Your preference, leather or the heavy nylon or canvas materials. Military surplus stores also have a lot of pack options sometimes. Could be as simple as a gardeners apron as well. Depends on what you're carrying and how far away from the car you're gonna get when you go after a site.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I use a nylon shotgun shell pouch. It's open small mesh that clips onto a belt. It also has a nylon zipper on the bottom to dump the finds out. It works really well for washing finds while still in bag and also works great for beach/shallow water hunting. Cost was about $8 plus shipping. Will post pic. when I get home tonight.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Here's the pic. I promised:

Attachments

• S3010051.jpg
    S3010051.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 136

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I use a carry bag - 14" long canvas from Home Depot, with several pockets. I like
it cuz when I dig, my bag of tools is on the ground next to me - when I used a
belt pouch, it seemed everything always dumped out when I bent down! This
way I do have to carry something in my left hand, but it holds a ton of stuff.

And the best digger for cutting a plug? Lesche - hands down!

Dave
Zommbee

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a nail apron from Home Depot for the the finds in one side and trash in the other side (very cheap). And for my digging tools and water, and other stuff I use a tool belt. Works very well for me.

OP
OP
E

eggilbert

Thanks for all the help. I got some great ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions