Stanfield, Oregon
Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Still looking Spotz. heard many a second-hand story but way too few first hand. So I guess most of it is still waiting for me out there. Don't worry, I'll leave you one or two.

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
:) YEP IN 14 YEARS OF HUNTUN HAVE FOUND ONLY 1 A 1907 TEN DOLLAR INDIAN HEAD GOLD COIN WAS FOUND AT AN OLD COLLAGE THAT STARTED IN 1874, BONNER COLLAGE IN EDWARDS MISSISSIPPI FOUND DEC 24 2002 ,THEY ARE SCRACE TO FIND ,MY DADS BEEN HUNTING HARD FOR AROUND 25 YEARS HE HAS 2 SO I HOPE IN THE NEXT 12 YEARS I WILL FIND ANOTHER ONE , GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTIN ?TREASUREBUM1

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a $5.00 1879-S , found in a Ballfield 3 years ago.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Ok guys this is going to knock your socks off. I did a ton of research and found a site from the landowners brother one mile from where I found my cache. I asked the current owners if IU could metal detect. The wife said sure she finds big pennys in the garden all the time ( drool, wipe chin ). But had to wait and ask husband. Come to find out husband came hame heard about me and liked the idea. He went out borrowed a detector and found 15 gold coins scattered in his field about ten foot area.

And another, I was hot on the trail of something great. Get to the location and find a big pit with broken shards where my treasure should be. Swear these are true.

Everyone, keep looking, this stuff is out there!!!

DiggerX

Feb 18, 2005
I have found reasonably little gold coinage here in the states (though a fair bit of gold gold). A decent number of silver coins though.

I am currently two for five in trips to the UK for gold coins, and four for five in silver. In that other fifth that I didn't find silver, I found abnormal number of relics for me though so far. Love that UK hammered silver...

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread