What to wear....(CRHN edition)

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
What to wear....(CRH'N edition)

Aight, heres the deal: there is a thread in the metal detectin forum on this site, talking about what various metal detectors wear when they go out metal detecting. I'd like to apply this same question to the C-R-H-n community and ask the same question translated

"So, what do you guys wear when you go CRH'n?"

to keep this thread from going out of control, attire applies to banks (or credit unions, or grocery stores, you get the point) only! Not what you wear at home.

Original thread here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/357039-what-wear.html#post3396433

Upvote 0

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I've worn all different kinds of stuff CRH'ing. I usually wear khakis, brown shoes, and a button down shirt. On weekends, I'm rockin a nice pair of jeans and a polo shirt. I have occassionally gone CRH'ing in a t-shirt or hoodie. I definitely get treated differently at the banks depending upon what I am wearing. The more dressed up I am, the more likely I am to get whatever I want from a bank. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I've gone into banks in a hoodie and they thought I was going to rob them.
What you are wearing definitely matters in this hobby.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I wear my hospital scrubs because that's what I wear everyday. Sometimes I bring my kids they are a good excuse. I just say my kids like to play with thousands of dollars worth of coins

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
During the week, when I do the majority of my bank visits, I wear my office attire - polo, slacks, and dress shoes. On the weekends it's usually to dump only a small load of coins or pick up a few rolls and will wear a (non-offensive) t-shirt and jeans or shorts.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Polo, khakis (work attire) during the week. On the weekends I wear jeans or shorts, whatever is appropriate for the season.

Mook

Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeans,button up shirt,polished leather boots...clean shave and I keep the hair cut short and Axe deodorant.The wife wears jeans,nice top,leather cowgirl boots or chucks...hair nice and neat and smells good...works out good on the male tellers...lol.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, I've worn all different kinds of stuff CRH'ing. I usually wear khakis, brown shoes, and a button down shirt. On weekends, I'm rockin a nice pair of jeans and a polo shirt. I have occassionally gone CRH'ing in a t-shirt or hoodie. I definitely get treated differently at the banks depending upon what I am wearing. The more dressed up I am, the more likely I am to get whatever I want from a bank. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I've gone into banks in a hoodie and they thought I was going to rob them.
What you are wearing definitely matters in this hobby.

Totally agree, I'm rather young looking for 26. Wearing a shirt and tie from when I get off work definitely makes a difference on the looks I get, as opposed to a tshirt and jeans

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoodie (hood on), jeans, and sunglasses. Also like to carry in a big canvas bag for the loot. Sometimes gets some nervous looks from the tellers, though.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a serious note, however, if you dress professionally, the tellers will often think you are a business client and will sell you boxes of coin without question. You may even get away with it at banks you don't have an account with.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty much just whatever I happen to be wearing, which is generally a pair of jeans and a dirty old black metal t-shirt. I've found personality does it all, I'm just friendly and reasonable and that gets me far. sometimes if there's a particularly hot teller I will go home first and put on a button up and do my hair, but that's not so much related to CRH'n ;)

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the week I wear my work uniform. On weekends it's jeans and a Kentucky Wildcat t-shirt. Kentucky t-shirts go a long way in the Bluegrass. In some circles they're considered formal wear. :cat:

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coat and tie or a suit. I usually spend my lunchtime doing pickups or dumping. My pickup banks welcome me with good morning mr. ????? I'm not quite sure what my dump banks call me but whatever it is....at least they wait for my departure.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My regular work clothes , black hot rod t- shirt, shorts, flip flops this IS Cali after all. Lol. LP.:headbang:

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wore Shorts, Tank Top with a short sleeved jacket, socks and shoes. Nothing to big lol!

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Homie you know what I wear, I been wearing the same thing at every one of my concerts lately.

Attachments

• image-3642301806.jpg
    image-3642301806.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 81

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets face it you guys, most of the time we are talking to strangers and you know what they say, a good first impression goes a long way! Especially since you may be going into that bank over and over and especially since a particular bank tellers could be hoarding silver for you, best look good or atleast decent. They also say if you dress up you are more confident in yourself and they will see that and sense the positivity. With that being said I always like to atleast have a polo shirt on, the tellers are only gonna see you from your shirt up most of the time lol.

On a side note, make sure you have a great attitude, otherwise it doesn't matter what you got on, you're gonna have a hard time!:headbang:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty much just whatever I happen to be wearing, which is generally a pair of jeans and a dirty old black metal t-shirt. I've found personality does it all, I'm just friendly and reasonable and that gets me far. sometimes if there's a particularly hot teller I will go home first and put on a button up and do my hair, but that's not so much related to CRH'n ;)

It's funny how a Burzum shirt demands certain respect in flammable buildings eh? I stick to my urban camo cargo pants and Slayer shirts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions