what town in new jersey do you live in ?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
tr snyper said:
Guys- Jersey is filthy rich in history. And even more with lost targets. If you want to find something. Go where you think you aren't going to find something. In the last two years I have absolutely slaughtered south jersey. The only place I don't bother to hit is the beach. It's to big with to few targets. Every road through the woods started as a carraige or horse trail. You can almost throw a dart at the NJ map and nail a hot spot. Think out of the box. In your mind live as the colonist did. THINK!!! There is NO reason anyone close to Route 9 can not do well. Unless you need to get a DFX. Then that'll explain it!
Steve

Well said, Steve! I have a buddy who lives near Elizabeth and he is anxious to travel down to SJ for the "older stuff". If I lived near there I would hit every vacant strip of woods and park! It is where the first Europeans settled!

JerseyMD

Greenie
Jul 31, 2010
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign - Minelab SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of good spots down here...just have to stay out of the State Forrest.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neil in West Jersey said:
tr snyper said:
Guys- Jersey is filthy rich in history. And even more with lost targets. If you want to find something. Go where you think you aren't going to find something. In the last two years I have absolutely slaughtered south jersey. The only place I don't bother to hit is the beach. It's to big with to few targets. Every road through the woods started as a carraige or horse trail. You can almost throw a dart at the NJ map and nail a hot spot. Think out of the box. In your mind live as the colonist did. THINK!!! There is NO reason anyone close to Route 9 can not do well. Unless you need to get a DFX. Then that'll explain it!
Steve

Well said, Steve! I have a buddy who lives near Elizabeth and he is anxious to travel down to SJ for the "older stuff". If I lived near there I would hit every vacant strip of woods and park! It is where the first Europeans settled!

The 1690s cob in my avatar was found about five minutes outside of Elizabeth. He does not have to head to SJ for the old stuff. I have not hunting in Elizabeth but I have my eye on a few spots just have not had the time.

NJ

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone down by the shore be careful this weekend.

Let us know if you detect after the storm and what you find.

NJ

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
N.J.THer said:
Everyone down by the shore be careful this weekend.

Let us know if you detect after the storm and what you find.

NJ

Evacuations are in effect. No one is going to be allowed there for many days to come, but my Excalibur is ready to go!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting permission (at least in Gloucester County) has been tough lately... I had 1 yes and many no's. 1 farmer told me that some guy has ruined it for everyone in a particular town off King's Hwy. Another farmer told me that "1 guy already comes around here and does all the fields on this road". One landowner told me that a bunch of guys already do this area and they fight about who gets to hunt there. And then there's my "go-to" spot which is very "out of the way" yet somehow I show up last weekend and there are already 2 guys from South Philly swinging away there! Gonna have to start getting creative or try to expand my hunting area a bit.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
SJfirefighter said:
really? i dont know to many places to go mding around here

Wow...Read Steve's post above! The coin in my Avatar was found near a major shopping center. Just open your eyes!

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Barnegat. Anyone who would like to hunt together? I am new but look forward to learning how to relic hunt in the woods.
Marty

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Linwood, South Jersey

I grew up in Linwood. Graduated from Mainland...Gonna' go back one of these weekends and do some hunting in Linwood. I remember some cool little spots that I know not too many people have hunted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread