Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all of the above...but my all time favs grow on cactus.....oops...did I say that outloud ?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's Rev War, 1812, and early local military. I have dug many in each of those groups and am always glad to add something I don't have, but that unfortunately seems to get tougher every year.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's Rev War, 1812, and early local military. I have dug many in each of those groups and am always glad to add something I don't have, but that unfortunately seems to get tougher every year.

Thats kewl Iron-Patch. I have over 1,500+ Civilian Flower buttons from the 19th century and over 3,000 flat tombac and dandy buttons from the 18th C and I also have a couple Inaugural buttons (GW) and lot of different Campaign buttons! I am about too setup a online website too start selling them and was just trying too see who out there on here likes Civilian Flower and Flat buttons. Guess I will just have too see how it goes I will post a website soon it will just be Civilian buttons and Campaign buttons no war related stuff. Thanks!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love CW buttons,only dug one myself but would love to dig a decorative button like a flower button.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to find any button but, my holy grail is a confederate one! I have been hunting for over 35 years without success!

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to find any button but, my holy grail is a confederate one! I have been hunting for over 35 years without success!

Trust me I know how it is.. You can get into a union camp and dig 100s upon 100s of eagle buttons, state buttons the whole nine yards but you get into a confederate camp you are even lucky too find melted lead or even a rivet!! Same with confederate hut sites you may dig out 10 of them and only come out with 1 button.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYL Buttons....New York Legion- First New York Volunteers.....

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me I know how it is.. You can get into a union camp and dig 100s upon 100s of eagle buttons, state buttons the whole nine yards but you get into a confederate camp you are even lucky too find melted lead or even a rivet!! Same with confederate hut sites you may dig out 10 of them and only come out with 1 button.
I am in south Georgia and hunt a site that has produced many confederate buttons. What have I found? Union eagle buttons!! Trust me, I am not complaining. I figure these buttons were from Union soldiers imprisoned at Andersonville. But, I would still like to find a Reb!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread