Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carter cave? is the base broke?

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure but i have 2 or 3 artifacts made of that stuff. Some times when the material has a reddish tint , it's been heat treated and hard to identify. D R Wells from central Pa.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks almost Brownish in color. Not sure color is not clear enough for me. If it is brown in color it is Carter Cave. If the stone has a greyish hue to it, it could be Grey Hornstone..........Nice point..............................GTP

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It starts out red then turns grey as you head towards the tip. It could be heat treated. The base is missing the ear Bird Cloud. I knocked it off digging. Ouch!! Thanks for replying!! Thanks for the info/replies.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
catherine1 said:
It starts out red then turns grey as you head towards the tip. It could be heat treated. The base is missing the ear Bird Cloud. I knocked it off digging. Ouch!! Thanks for replying!! Thanks for the info/replies.

Ive done that a few times completety sucks...

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Cat!! did you find the ear if so glue it back on. the first one i broke diding i broke 1 inch off base of 3/4 inch wide by 3and1/4 inch long point.my buddy said lession to that big point break when we heard a click, first screen little base. he said to go ahead and dig more so out of second screen out poped a 2inch tip, oh i always mark a piece on its tag so i can tell for sure if it has been put back togeather have always had bad memorie. terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread