boone42305

Greenie
Jun 6, 2012

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett AT Pro sounds like the way to go. Not gonna do it for $250 even used I don't think. If you want waterproof (10 ft max ) that would probably be your best option. Just have to save a little longer. Lots of people more knowledgable than me though. Check some of our great sponsors and best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

lostandfound66

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2012
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
whites and Garrett at-pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Garrett AT pro that I have used this last spring on an old house site and then just a week ago on Tybee beach, GA. I found several nice relics in the corn field where an old house had once sat, but the best was a very small gold baby ring. I also found a Masonic lodge badge with the man's name and town on it. The land was owned by a relative of the original house owner and he has a lot of land so I donated the items to him so that I could detect the other sites on his property. The AT pro in my opinion is an excellent detector for the money and I had a blast with it on the beach. I hunted the dry sand area and found about $5 worth of coins, one pair of designer sunglasses worth $75, a I-PAD stylus, two bracelets, and a type four I-PHONE with the front stepped on. It had been wet and was ruined, but a guy back home offered me $20 just to use as parts. One of the coin caches was about 10 inches deep and contained 5 quarters, two dimes, 8 pennys and a nickel. The coins had been there quite a while as the silver clads were orange in color. That means that all of the people with every type of detector had missed these...and one guy had a $2000 minelab and hunts the beach all of the time. So save up

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you do go with the Ace 250, just remember not to get the control box wet, otherwise you'll have nothing more than a piece of scrap :laughing7:

At least you know your price point and you may have some great enjoyment with the 250. AS far as expensive machines, I'd hold off until I knew that I really liked the hobby. There's nothing like buying $1000 plus set of golf clubs, hitting them maybe twice and then trying to get $100 for them at a yard sale :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread