What types of Markers pinpoint to treasures ?

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
These pic's are part of the same trail but a different canyon, different mine or cache site. In 2012 Shortstack told me that this was a Rabbit with ears laid back, what do you all think? I'm just back tracking a little bit here. Above the Rabbit? (I always thought it looked like a Indian), there definitely is a Eagle Perched, mmm, 100_4060.JPG 100_4135.JPG 100_4134.JPG 100_4137.JPG 100_4133.JPG 100_4151.JPG 100_4055.JPG 100_4052.JPG 100_4054.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second pic. Has a priests head looking left there is another looking right. Looks like there are at least four looking left. One is a skull

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I see what might be the rabbit head from the one angle in the first pic , it's made by the head and upper jaw of the croc and it faces right-ish. It lines up in the picture where you can see the white facet rock over the croc in your little niche spot back there with the eagle head above it. I like the tall lone Pine tree as well.

Sandy1, I have seen the weird hummingbird like the one on your monument in large shadow form, with a body and small wing. I wouldn't have believed it unless I seen one made like it. It is what it is, but I doubt anyone would ever guess it.

But back to the storage turtle head first, because those are weird looking, abstract and hard to spot at first.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
I always thought that very same thing Backwoodsbob, this is a complicated area in here, The Perched Eagle Looks South but over his Left Wing, cross canyon it points to where I'm standing (there's also a creepy face in the eagle pic, to the left and down, looking straight at the camera, # 5 pic, could be a skull) I keep running into the Patron Saint John (Eagle) all thru these canyons 100_4159.JPG 100_4162.JPG 100_4161.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The indian head/witch shadow with the long nose, could this also be related to Savinien de Cyrano de Bergerac?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrano_de_Bergerac

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been having a hard time seeing the ducks for some reason
Is that a crocodile I marked as a duck?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
About a foot below the chair/throne , it is more weathered and faint, just the head. Could also even be a fox.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
attachment.php

What about smaller ones? Is the meaning similar? Note the square eyes, and open mouth, does that mean anything? The white rock on his head is actually a hoyo. Iĺl show it from a different angle...

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 379

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
It could be an owl. It is just strange. Because of the square eyes, i wondered if it were not older or of some other order.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Mmmmm I felt the same way when I saw that T-horn, always keep a open mind. Not everything is Spanish/Mexican, not that I don't rule it out but just keep an open mind. So many cultures long before the Spanish, however the Spanish were pretty much on top of the Older Mine and Treasure sites as well, so there could be a mixture of signs in there. I see you are in some forest country. You got any Old Odd Looking Trees around that site? Do you know what Indian Trail Trees are? The Spanish/Mexicans also did these too. the Indians and their Predesessors, (wish I could spell, hee,hee), The ANCIENTS, for lack of a better term or name, used them too. The Trees marked Trails leading in and out of Mine area's or to Better Hunting Grounds or to Water or to Camps, sometimes even though they are rare led them to Burial Grounds. The Indians were never lost in the forest. Check your area for Older past Cultures, Indians etc.. Box Eyes sometimes means they are Closed or Sleeping or Looking Down, like into the Underworld. All Indians Mined to some extent even if it was just for Obsidian, Flint, etc.. It's a falicy that they didn't mine for something, they made such a wide array of Tools and Fetishes, they were always looking for (and finding) different resources in rocks, like even Soapstones. Depending upon your area and the different Tribes will give you a better handle, certain tribes did indeed mine gold and silver but not necessarily for the economic value of it. Navaho - Turquoise, Silver for example even though it was a later commodity for them and their jewelry, several different Tribes that were on the WarPath in the early years before the American Revolution (like the French & Indian Wars), ran out of Lead for the rifles they had, through the French & Dutch Traders the Injuns learned how to smelt lead out of rocks (anybody can do this in their bar-b-cue, well just about), anyhow so they would mine the lead ore from their secret places. Geronimo is hooked up with a Gold Mine, lot's of different stories and tales, many of which are quite True. Of course there were Indian Tribes all across the Nation that were Traders themselves for a wide variety of commodities. and they remained Neutral to all of the War'ing Tribes. First Pic"s is a Old OAK TRAIL TREE and YES it is close to where my recent concern is. Then a few of a Carved Basalt Stone Head that is thousands of years old from My MTN., Note the box like Eyes, the DIAMOND in it's FOREHEAD. These pic's are not that good, better one's over at Treasure Legends threads 101_0414.JPG 101_0415.JPG 101_0416.JPG 101_0417.JPG 100_8603.JPG 100_8605.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O tin horns turtle I see two turtle one with the eyes open and one with a priest hat under the other

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I mean
74fe2f6b8d90d376eb68e93b6189037f.jpg

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool. The man standing in the middle. No I can't say I have seen that one before

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What group did the cartoonish looking carvings , animals, birds etc? Like they are right out of a comic strip/ old disney movie? If you've seen them you know exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Don't know. but i tend to think they are similar to some basque sheepherder arboglyphs.... wpa era would be my other guess

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some body with a sense of humor. I've seen mickey and tiger before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread