What types of Markers pinpoint to treasures ?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
The figure to the right of the fat owl is a possible other owl. It could be other things, however the seeming m outline of its top..seems suggestive. But that is main reason i posted it..only potential i have of two owls one rock. plus the usual suspects are within sight. i edited my post to add another pic. Backwood..yes duck and...maybe serpent share space. Got to say in the past i did not consider a short triangle shape beak as being duckish..but some of the examples in the thread show that so i guess i will reconsider lol.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
This is mostly a Post for Sandy, I didn't know where to put it, but I'm sure it will appeal to you all, it's about a very old friend, Treasure Hunter EXTRORDINAIRE 100_8848.JPG 100_8844.JPG 100_8843.JPG 100_8842.JPG 100_8845.JPG 100_8847.JPG

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Not very good at Links <http://www.scottthomasanderson.com/furyoffrankfish.php> try that, then find his articles of The Fish Papers & Footsteps of Fish

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Awesome book Happytrails. Frank L. Fisher, the real Indiana Jones it seems. Is this book still available? Did you know him personally?

Looks like he used a two box metal detector..... The modern two boxes are a joke in my experience. I've used a Gemini and a different one I can't recall the name and the penetration was WEAK. They cannot detect deeper than a few feet if at all in some cases.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2605 (1).JPG IMG_2605 (1).JPG IMG_2618.JPG IMG_2629.JPG hi i need help[ with this signs, trying to support a friend in mexico, those signs are close to a sea, and we suspect that must to be pirate treasure signs, theres is many signs in a 1300 square feet area, acording to what i see must to be 3 caches at leats, but i hope my experience says something i am having problems to open a nwe thread and hope some one will help us. IMG_2634.JPG IMG_2648.JPG

Last edited:

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i am a 2 box fisher expert user, i had pick up tragets with gemini 3 at about 9 feet, andway deeper with separate boxes, and writing a book with at least 5 different ways to balance for different soils, but the book will be spanish version, i dont trust translators like google translate etc, they are not perfect, if i ever publish the book in english, im going to have to do the translation but will be a lot of job. lol.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff there pro. You have differently found a site and at the right place. Although your pieces are different from what I've seen does mean you can't find help.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Back to triangles...
attachment.php

Note the small gateway in front of the triangle... sorry it has some limbs from the ice storm...

Attachments

• a frame rock 1.jpg
    a frame rock 1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Both are 10 inches to a foot and iḿ wondering if they are not alignment markers?
attachment.php

Attachments

• tri bear.jpg
    tri bear.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 274

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
The first pic may be an alignment rock, it is 500 lbs or so, but i would need to check it for a directional line. The second triangle/bear face, is quite small but in the immediate area of a mine that i have not yet located, so i was wondering if this smaller type would indicate the direction of the alignment rock? or the entrance itself? This area is where the trail ends.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
T-horn, that's a neat picture, tell us about the Moss and Rock Lichen a little bit. From the picture I would venture to guess that it's maybe North or a variation of it, and certain rocks in there don't have as much?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy I have but in a very discreet way. Except for the top picture of koman. Here you will only see half of a sign. Like the cross. I found a metal piece that is only half the picture. The mirror images is used to complete the sign.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
I will go back and clean it up. That rock is larger than i originally thought. I bet its 6 foot long and 1200 pounds or so. If it is an alignment rock, then is there some sort of confirmation mark on it that i should be looking for? or just a good compass line indicator?

HT55 - It is on the Northern edge of a huge horseshoe like mountain. High humidity leads to a lot of overgrowth and vegetation. The white is common, but i have saw where they created their own and used like paint to draw turtles, and symbols that are hard to see. There is a lot of red in the sandstone and iḿ wondering if they were not hunting gems. but the old timers say it was silver. This trail comes out of a protected campsite and i will show you the view from the opposite direction...

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
attachment.php

You can still see the old trails in places. I wonder if the rock on the right might be something i need to check out... it looks like there is a place to stand and view from it...

Attachments

• trail.jpg
    trail.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 260

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread