what underwater unit to purchase?????

F

Floater

The Excalibur as far as Im concerned but then I own one so Im partial to it and have never ownd anything else. I have used it almost exclusively on land so far and it has served me well. I plan on a water trip soon. I have been in the surf with it and it is one stable machine. JMTC

OP
OP
P

pumpkins

Apr 6, 2005
Thanks, FLoater. That's 1 for Minelab. I have talked with the folks at KellyCoDetectors in Florida. They indicated the Minelab was a good unit, but couldn't "sell me" on the benefits of any of the 4 I listed. Basically made it sound like a coin flip, and they are all within $60 in price.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Infinium LS . Of the bunch it's head and shoulders above the rest for duality . It is an excellant underwater unit . I used one that a guy at Italian Bar LDMA camp lent me AND it's a ground balancing PI for the desert . BUT it can't pinpoint as well as others . If you mostly coin shoot .... think twice .

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Floater, My Excalibur 1000 has served me well over the years on the beach and in the ocean.

HH

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Take a look at the Headhunter PI by DetectorPro. $629.00 at Surfscanner.com

The electronics for this unit were based on a design by Eric Foster of England, the same guy who designed the Aquapulse, made a custom boat towed detector for Mel Fisher and currently makes several top of the line pulse detectors.

There is no electronics box, they are built into the headphones! The pulse delay setting is 15uS. I won't get into the technical stuff but this means it is very sensitive to small gold items!

Also, the White's Surf PI Pro is a great machine. It has the same pulse delay setting but the setting is fixed, not adjustable (like the Headhunter)

You have to weigh the value of the ring to what you are spending for the detector.

Just my 2 escudos worth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread