What War Was This From

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I found this button the other day out in the middle of a pasture where I think there may have been a house. There is nothing left of the house, not even a rock but I have gut feeling there was a house there so I'll keep looking. The button has two flags crossed with something below it. I originally thought that it was some type of sports button. But then again my grandparents have owned the place since 1950 and there wasn't any house then. One of my good friends who was in the military said it was a Signal Corp Button. Is this the case? How Old is it. WWI WWII? Any of you button buffs let me know.

Attachments

• Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 169

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Acedigger, cant help you with the button, but where is Blanket, Texas at??? Cool find BTW.......Tom

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
gallileo60 said:
Hey Acedigger, cant help you with the button, but where is Blanket, Texas at??? Cool find BTW.......Tom

Blanket is about an hour south of Abilene or 1 1/2 hours north of Austin. Small city of about 400 people.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
acedigger said:
gallileo60 said:

Blanket is about an hour south of Abilene or 1 1/2 hours north of Austin. Small city of about 400 people.

Oh ok got ya.....That is a ways from where im at, near Galveston...I am going to the Austin area next Sunday to fossil hunt..(I hope)...Good luck on the Button....

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps it is a civilian button...

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions