May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many are feeling the same. However, in their favour they have been quick to sort things out, very quick. So put your suggestion up & they might help. I wrongly assumed that what we were given was unchangable, its not.
What's more worrying is the bullying tatics I have recieved for being a UK member on a US site. I thought we were a worldwide site, but certain someone whom will remain nameless thinks otherwise. I will not see any member, whatever nationality get the type of PMs I recently recieved. Specially when many US members have complained & not been targetted in the same way. This is just another form of racism, that I will not tolerate from anyone, so they have been warned & will be reported unless they back off.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many are feeling the same. However, in their favour they have been quick to sort things out, very quick. So put your suggestion up & they might help. I wrongly assumed that what we were given was unchangable, its not.
What's more worrying is the bullying tatics I have recieved for being a UK member on a US site. I thought we were a worldwide site, but certain someone whom will remain nameless thinks otherwise. I will not see any member, whatever nationality get the type of PMs I recently recieved. Specially when many US members have complained & not been targetted in the same way. This is just another form of racism, that I will not tolerate from anyone, so they have been warned & will be reported unless they back off.

We take complaints and suggestions from members of the site regardless of where they are from or if they are new or old. All suggestions are valuable.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We take complaints and suggestions from members of the site regardless of where they are from or if they are new or old. All suggestions are valuable.

I know you do, it's a member issue, which WILL stop. Thanks for your efforts.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And delete posts as well????????????????

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I absolutely detest change. I do not like this change but I will get used to it in time. Same place just looks different, same members, same great finds and a great place to be. Don't like change but I will figure out how to get around in it and I ain't leaving...d2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was wrong with the old forum? The old forum software was over 10 years old! In fact it was probably about 15 years old. Tnet was exactly the same when I was using it before I moved to my current house 11 years ago, so that means at least 12-13 years.

What operating system were you using 12 years ago? Windows 98? Do you still use ANY software that you were using with Win 98? No! It's obsolete, and outdated just like the old Tnet was.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was something that needed to happen.

I owned and ran a forum for over 10 years and made the switch to vBulletin and it was the best thing ever. There are way more options available and the security updates are frequent and work.

There is a lot of time and money put into making a site like this and keep it running. The software is not cheap....the hosting is not cheap..... admins time is valuable and they sink a lot of it into the site.

Things can be customized later....this is a working baseline you are looking at. I personally like the new look, doesnt bother me a bit.

I will say that it stings when you work hard and spend money to better your site for those who enjoy it to then get bashed for it.... especially when (unless you so choose to donate) it is free of charge to use. just sayin....

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
What's the Price of GOLD???????? Where's the Markee???? ( Wish I could spell), Every morning and evening I'd check it here, where oh where has it gone? Please Direct Me?......hee,hee......Darrell

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Add me to the list of those who don't like the new layout. The color scheme is uninviting, lots of wasted space, completely different layout (which we may or may not get used to)..... just too much.

Suggestion? Try and make the new software look as much like the old layout as possible.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more you use it the quicker you will get used to the new format. I am annoyed by the random banner ads though... right now its for speed dating and says the girl wants to meet me... yeah sure she does. At least use detecting/treasure/outdoors type of ads. Something relevant to the site.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the sidebar there is a Link for Extra's - Click that and you'll see a drop down menu for Metal Prices, Oil & Gas Prices, Classifieds, etc.

TreasureNet - Metal Prices

Up $19.50 today :)

What's the Price of GOLD???????? Where's the Markee???? ( Wish I could spell), Every morning and evening I'd check it here, where oh where has it gone? Please Direct Me?......hee,hee......Darrell

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions