What was wrong with the old forum ?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is actually a list a mile long that was wrong with the old software, but there is no reason to go into all of that. The main thing is you can rest assured that we're working on to give you a free place to hangout and talk about your passions and hobbies. We're on the newest and beefiest servers, the new software is more secure and reliable and we even run a complete offsite backup of the site everyday. All this so you have a place to enjoy and use from the comfort of your home, work or mobile device 24/7/365.

So, please hang in there as we have a LOT more goodies and tweaks to come!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been working on the functionality of the forum and still have yet to get the banners from the old site moved over. You'll start seeing more related ads on the top.

The more you use it the quicker you will get used to the new format. I am annoyed by the random banner ads though... right now its for speed dating and says the girl wants to meet me... yeah sure she does. At least use detecting/treasure/outdoors type of ads. Something relevant to the site.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The current ad banner at the top is user search related as of right now? Where you go determines what you see there. Mine has kayaking related ads and facebook.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sometimes, but there will also be TN sponsor ads in there as well.

The current ad banner at the top is user search related as of right now? Where you go determines what you see there. Mine has kayaking related ads and facebook.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
My problem is it required me to reset my password before I could log on.... yeah I changed it back but it was just he hastle....

AND it made me re log in to post this post!!!

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My problem is it required me to reset my password before I could log on.... yeah I changed it back but it was just he hastle....

AND it made me re log in to post this post!!!

It did the same thing for me as well :( The old software was so patched together that not everything converted over correctly so some pw changes were a must.

Did you try clearing all your cookies in your browser yet? That should fix the login issue.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Many are feeling the same. However, in their favour they have been quick to sort things out, very quick. So put your suggestion up & they might help. I wrongly assumed that what we were given was unchangable, its not.
What's more worrying is the bullying tatics I have recieved for being a UK member on a US site. I thought we were a worldwide site, but certain someone whom will remain nameless thinks otherwise. I will not see any member, whatever nationality get the type of PMs I recently recieved. Specially when many US members have complained & not been targetted in the same way. This is just another form of racism, that I will not tolerate from anyone, so they have been warned & will be reported unless they back off.

The world's full of twats mate!

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to see that your getting treated this way just want you to know and everyone else to know I get on treasure net and really enjoy reading everyones storys the thing is its about the treasures we all find just be nice to keep it that way I think everyone is really great with helping others with I ding and giving feed back. Like to see it keep on and more people keep coming hear just saying happy hunting and thank you all for your great posts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread