What Was Your Childhood Foolishness?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Mrs. O,
Sunday dinners meant the boys, we got to fight over the hatchet at chicken picken time. Usually turned in to a hatchet fight. Yeah, that old doc sewed us up more often than anything else because we rarely got sick.

Winner of the hatchet fight was the one who got to play hunter with the chicken blood squirt gun. Chopper cuts off the head, then runs after everyone trying to get 'em covered before the thing bleeds out. Of course the downside was chopper also had to clean the bird, but that also won points with the dog.

I'm still mystified by the fact, that in every corner of the country I've seen the women almost exclusivley popped the chickens head off wringing while the boys always chose the hatchet.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Used to love to watch those circus performers...So of course my sisters and I had to make a circus....We strung a rope and tried to walk it,made firey hoops and would jump through them with our bikes,i decided the rope was too hard to walk,but figured if I strung a 2x4 across 2 sawhorses...well that would work.....Not....emergency room and four stitches later in the eyebrow.....

We are lucky we didnt poison ourselves....as I cooked,seeped and picked every wild flower and plant I could and made into tea....gosh we drank some Gawd awful stuff in the name of experiements.....

Remember watching Frankenstein and after much deliberation,decided if we hooked dads jumper cables up to the neighborhood bully we could control him at will...fortunately for us ,he was as dumb as he was big and mean.....unfortunately ,dad caught us just as we were going to shock him into our personal slave.......even tho dad yelled at all of us,he laughed about it for years afterwards......

We owned alot of cattle and had many electric fences around the property....favorite thing was to get the city cousins to touch it....preferrably when wet....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy's post reminded me. I grew up in a rural setting as you might have guessed. Dad raised a beef every year and couldn't afford to fence our acreage, so we had an electric fence charger to keep the beef in. When one of the "city" dudes came out to visit we would talk him into peeing on the fence wire. More than one wet all over himself while we laughed our butts off! They only did it once, but if they came back they always brought someone with them and dared them to do it too! We had a blasts until we ran out of people to try it on! Monty

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol our electric fence was always good for many laughs but I don't remember ever daring someone to pee on it although the ones that did sure got laughed at. Our dog peed on it once and that was good for a laugh as well. My grandpa could not feel the electricity and would be yelling at me it was not hot and holding onto it and would tell me "It is not hot, get hold of it!" It would knock me on my butt! I learned to carry a tester in my back pocket so I could show him it WAS hot...his response was always just "well, we got chores to do, come on!" by the way...that was also his response BEFORE I learned to carry the tester! NOT funny! okay, so it IS funny now...at the time I was furious! lol

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the last day of school - the beginning of summer vacation - not for me ! I had to go back the next day .

They handed me a bucket and a sponge . I had to wash every chair in the cafeteria - all 375 of them !

Attachments

• Picture_002_(2).jpg
    Picture_002_(2).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 278
S

stefen

While tearing down some outer sheds and barns, my brother and I made bazooka's using salvaged pipe, marbles and M-80 firecrackers...

Found out later that the M-80's were equivalent to a 1/4 stick of dynamite and could have been severely injuried, if not killed...

This ceased immediately when our butts were severely brutilized ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time I see I'll show the prove was with a friend her older sis had a little hide away a abandon trailer out back of the house we were told cant go there well of course we did! But, it had a guard horse yes a guard horse she did not like anyone except her sis! well we made it to the trailer but she (the horse) saw us and gave chase ....barbwire is sharp especially when your running at full tilt! :o

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
No, the M-80 were not the equivalent of those famous 1/4 sticks. Trust me.

So we're in the gravel driveway guzzling from that old stonewware "granny" jug and tossing them sticks. Cuz lights one and throws it but we didn't see it land, looked up, noticed the overhead branch swinging from the impact that threw the stick back down right behind us.

Well, being drunk and getting gravel plucked from your a$$ was a new one for us.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw an M80 out on the front lawn and it would leave a crater about 3" deep. Put an icecream cup over it and the hole is about six inches deep! We were always told it was a quarter stick equivalent. So? Monty

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojjax said:
It was the last day of school - the beginning of summer vacation - not for me ! I had to go back the next day .

They handed me a bucket and a sponge . I had to wash every chair in the cafeteria - all 375 of them !
What a fantastic thread I've started! I could show similar "evidence" but I choose not to! Trust me I could put y'all to shame, I was a BAD BOY growing up. Let's just say thay it involved fire, explosives, electricity and chemistry. If my Mom was alive, she'd verify it! She always said that I was the anti-Christ. She kept me somewhat in check by saying that she brought me into the world and by God she could take me out. I believed her till the day she died.(but I still look over my shoulder to this day).
Scott

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I went through a pyrotechnic phase that could have been disastrous, but I never really set fire to anything of value. I almost killed myself with a CO2 cartridge (I won't describe how, just trust me); I figured out a way to get them to travel over 500 feet--very impressive (and dangerous). Still have all my fingers.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mrs.oroblanco said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Or pee on them!!!!

B
Picture 2 redneck peckerwood 10 yr old lifelong buddies with buzz cuts , white T shirts , faded jeans , and 'tenner'shoes on dew wet grass at dusk-dark on a warm summer evening that get the idea(BAD)to hold hands and pee on the fence together to see who is the toughest .
Next picture 2 10 yr olds on their backs in the wet grass with their mouths opening and closing like baby robins
with no sound coming out .
Guess it won't make you sterile . He has 2 and I have 4 children .

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny picture. Just like the little kid here who thought that the frozen pole seen in Christmas Story was fake....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone shoot their eye out with a BB gun? I knew one kid who did. A BB was stuck in the barrel and he was looking down the barrel to see if he could dislodge it with a coat hanger. He poked it around a bit and then fired it point blank into his own eye. Why? No one will ever know. From then on he had a tri-colored eye and was blind as a bat in that eye. He like to never got his drivers license. Had to have all kinds of mirrors, etc and finally got some kind of waiver to get it. I saw him at our 40th class reunion land he still had that one funky eye. Monty

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Monty said:
Throw an M80 out on the front lawn and it would leave a crater about 3" deep. Put an icecream cup over it and the hole is about six inches deep! We were always told it was a quarter stick equivalent. So? Monty
An M-80 is not an M-250, or quarter stick-equivalent. Have one go off under your butt and you'll feel the difference.

Now you know why I'm so half-a$$ed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions