Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why lowbatts, that's self-depridation! Why would anyone want to set one off under his arse? Me and Glen, the neighborhood weirdo...gotta be careful how I say this. Anyway we took a half stick he "found" down to the sandbar on the river and tried to set it off with a .410 shotgun. It wouldn't go off until we moved up pretty close and all at once, BOOM!! It sand blasted us from head to toe and our ears rang for a week! We thought you had to have a cap to set it off, but we were wrong! He hauled it around in the trunk of his car for a couple of weeks and it's a wonder he didn't blow himself up! If you were over 18 you could buy dynamite at the local feed store back then. A lot of older guys I knew went fishing with it! Monty

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Monty said:
Why lowbatts, that's self-depridation! Why would anyone want to set one off under his arse? Me and Glen, the neighborhood weirdo...gotta be careful how I say this. Anyway we took a half stick he "found" down to the sandbar on the river and tried to set it off with a .410 shotgun. It wouldn't go off until we moved up pretty close and all at once, BOOM!! It sand blasted us from head to toe and our ears rang for a week! We thought you had to have a cap to set it off, but we were wrong! He hauled it around in the trunk of his car for a couple of weeks and it's a wonder he didn't blow himself up! If you were over 18 you could buy dynamite at the local feed store back then. A lot of older guys I knew went fishing with it! Monty
Ran out of tires to explode.....

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I can get some for you come up to clendinin up in there hallers them there tires free as a bird just walk.

Lowbatts said:
Monty said:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
civil war hunter said:
I can get some for you come up to clendinin up in there hallers them there tires free as a bird just walk.

Lowbatts said:
Monty said:
language barrier might be a problem!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mission Impossible was really big when I was in 6th grade, so me and three buddies used to plan "missions" during recess, sneaking into the girls restroom, the teacher's lounge, etc., each one more daring than the last.

Well, my friend Marc was able to smuggle an M-80 into school one day. All four of us went into the woods that lined the boundaries of the schoolyard, which were off limits anyway, made a fuse about twenty feet long (laid on flat rocks so we wouldn't start a fire), lit it, and calmy blended back into the crowd.

We got about halfway across the schoolyard when this enormous BOOM rang out, accompanied by a huge column of smoke that rose above the treeline. A collective gasp came from the kids and teachers, that, I admit, put a smile on my face. ;D Until someone ratted us out, that is. >:( We were each hauled into the principal's office, but to be honest I don't recall the punishment, if any. All I know is, the four of us had great street cred for the rest of the school year! 8)

If that happened today, we, along with our parents would prolly be cited for domestic terrorism! :o

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D ;D

That reminds me - my brother, my dear friend Jody Cron and another guy blew up the boys bathroom.

They made something in the chem lab and put it down a toilet - I think they got a tad carried away though, cause it blew up the john, smashed the mirror, killed the urinal and broke a hinge off the outside door!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The biggest foolish thing I did as a child carried on through until I was much older.

I was way too concerned about what others thought about me.

One day I heard a wise person say: "If we only knew how little others think about us we wouldn't be so concerned about what they think" (or words to that affect).

Nuff said.

Badger

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
granny, if you look close you will see two little bumps on the top of Stoney56's head. They ain't to hang a halo on! Ask him if you don't already know! He can teach that boy plenty! Monty

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He does ! He does ! And Jacob loves every bit of it! He stared when they weren't even crawling with PULL MY FINGER at least the kids would look to me first and then laugh!
They don't drink pop alot but when with us .... they get a little more a couple of weeks ago he was with papa and had to call me a say "I'm all jacked up on DEW" just to see if I'd call back and chew them out!
My personal opinion is they need as many influences in their impressionable lives as possible! ;D

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
wow...ok listen up!!!! my 3 brothers and i would walk down the street and pull mailboxes out (post and all) and switch them around with others (mass confusion)...we would hunt night crawlers for fishing, and we had soooo many we would hide in the bushes and throw them at passing cars. one day we took a bunch of shotgun shells from the neighbors garage, ran behind dads shed and lined them up on the fish cleaning table. we then took turns shooting at them with bb guns until one finally exploded and put one heck of a hole in dads shed. we all ended up with double butt cracks! we would take our elastic belts and pull buckeyes outta the tree before the shell broke apart, and shoot them at each other...ouch!!!!

M

michigan michael

Evo Knieval (how ever you spell his name) was still big. Me and the neighbor kids decided we were going to build a ramp jump our bicycles from one side of the creek to the other. looking back now I dont think a motorcycle would of made this jump on that ramp! :tard: I was dared to go first and everyone swore they were going to jump even if I did not make it. I jumped and hit the creek bed wall head on and rolled all the way down the 10' creek. A hard lesson learned at age 11 ;D of course nobody tried after I did not make it!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Evo Knieval (how ever you spell his name) was still big. Me and the neighbor kids decided we were going to build a ramp jump our bicycles from one side of the creek to the other. looking back now I dont think a motorcycle would of made this jump on that ramp! :tard: I was dared to go first and everyone swore they were going to jump even if I did not make it. I jumped and hit the creek bed wall head on and rolled all the way down the 10' creek. A hard lesson learned at age 11 ;D of course nobody tried after I did not make it!

Classic "you go first" scenario!
We told a couple kids that running into the street and tapping the hoods of passing cars was a riot! So one of the kids, a larger kid with lots of natural padding was talked into going first. His target, a '64 Caddy at ~40 mph at twlilght.

Lucky for him they had their lights on and good brakes, but he still went about 10-15 feet through the air and got up running!

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
its like the one episode on family guy i would like some corn and pertatos.

Lowbatts said:
civil war hunter said:

Lowbatts said:
Monty said:
language barrier might be a problem!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread