What We All Really Want!

T

tallpaul

thats what we find here in England zebb, the old celtics, and much more,, this is another topic on its own,, some people are in the right country for certain stuff and some are in the right country for other stuff, like America is great for gold nuggets,, but here in England is the old roman saxon and celtic stuff, which is more valuable, id love to find a gold nugget thoe, one of them large ones i have trouble holding lol,, great pic zebb HH paul.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
tallpaul said:
thats what we find here in England zebb, the old celtics, and much more,, this is another topic on its own,, some people are in the right country for certain stuff and some are in the right country for other stuff, like America is great for gold nuggets,, but here in England is the old roman saxon and celtic stuff, which is more valuable, id love to find a gold nugget thoe, one of them large ones i have trouble holding lol,, great pic zebb HH paul.

Glad you like the picture, Paul. The pieces of eight are genuine and came from a famous shipwreck. I cleaned and sold about 50 of these last year.

Yes, I think every country has its own treasure. However, most of us here in the U.S. never see any gold nuggets. That's mainly our friends living up in Alaska and most of them travel to the U.K. to hunt ancient coins.

I'd sure love to hunt jolly old England some day.

There are a few who are finding lots of Spanish gold, silver, and copper coins here in the lower states but they're the minority in terms of the THing community as a whole. I know of a group in California who have found the sites of giant Spanish caches and you wouldn't even believe what they're finding today. I know what they're getting because I buy some of their stuff. Most of it still has the dirt sticking to it when I receive it.

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to dig a genuine 1600's Spanish gold coin. The best I can do is fork out thousands to buy one.? :'(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the proverbial, GRASS IS always Greener on the other Side of the Road,

And the REAL Reason the Chicken Crossed that Road.

HE saw what Treasures Were Being Found over there ;)

Everyone Elses Treasures Always Outweigh our Own :)

Jeff

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
It's the proverbial, GRASS IS always Greener on the other Side of the Road,

And the REAL Reason the Chicken Crossed that Road.

HE saw what Treasures Were Being Found over there? ;)

? ? ? ? ? ? ?Everyone Elses Treasures Always Outweigh our Own? :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

"Amen Emma, Amen!" (quote from the movie Friendly Persuasion 1956).

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To have permission to hunt more places than we could, if the only thing we did was hunt. You can not find that find if you don,t walk that ground and dig that dirt.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread