What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) by FK.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cut church stones.jpg

"Great photos FK, I may have to upscale my premise a little.".......Loki

In what way did this photo lead you to change your premise?
Or was you changing your premise because of this photo also sarcasm?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1453820

"Great photos FK, I may have to upscale my premise a little.".......Loki

In what way did this photo lead you to change your premise?
Or was you changing your premise because of this photo also sarcasm?

Hmm, there were two photos and a text by FK on that post, where are they? Why didn't you include them? Especially the text? Are you taking hate pills? What is your problem?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Play nice or lose the ability to post for awhile.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, there were two photos and a text by FK on that post, where are they? Why didn't you include them? Especially the text? Are you taking hate pills? What is your problem?

I linked to that post on page 1 of the thread

You have said those photos may upscale your premise.
Did they?.....and if they did,in what way?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I linked to that post on page 1 of the thread

You have said those photos may upscale your premise.
Did they?.....and if they did,in what way?

Although I was referring to the photos, I had meant the text. I was basically giving FK kudos. Are we perhaps turning over a new leaf in our discussion?

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder why the locals are trying to hide the fact that the area was called Charing Cross? And was it possibly Oscar Elliot who first used that name, although it had to be before 1905 as that was when the Annual Report of the Superintendent of Education referred to the Village.

I know that in France, at Rennes le Chateau, the villagers did not want to become a destination for mystery seekers, but they had no choice. After Joan's book came out, could some of the locals at New Ross have felt the same way and decided to hide or remove any evidence of a Charing Cross?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder why the locals are trying to hide the fact that the area was called Charing Cross? And was it possibly Oscar Elliot who first used that name, although it had to be before 1905 as that was when the Annual Report of the Superintendent of Education referred to the Village.

I know that in France, at Rennes le Chateau, the villagers did not want to become a destination for mystery seekers, but they had no choice. After Joan's book came out, could some of the locals at New Ross have felt the same way and decided to hide or remove any evidence of a Charing Cross?

Cheers, Loki

Have you been to Joan's place? When you face it from the road there's Sander's on the right and a house to the left. When I was there it looked like the Sander's house was built in a quarry of some sort . The property is built on a drumlin and when you go to the well there is quite a steep bank dropping down into the Sander's place. Have you or FK heard of anyone finding or seeing anything in that quarry?

In regards to the second part of the quote. I met a fellow last summer from the Forties which I guess is part of New Ross. He actually told me where Joan's property was, I always assumed that it was on Glengarry Road for some reason. I asked him about the place and if there was any local history about it. He really didn't want to talk about it but I did get the location from him. I find that people in some areas don't really take to strangers and if they don't understand things sort of ignore it.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I was referring to the photos, I had meant the text. I was basically giving FK kudos. Are we perhaps turning over a new leaf in our discussion?

Maybe we have turned a leaf.

But for some reason you don't seem to want to answer the simple question as to weather those photos caused you to "upscale" your premise or not?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Cheers, Loki

There is one possible reason embedded within this quote, and no, I am not wrong! At least five solid references to it prove the point, one being a school at Charing Cross. The only question is when and why the words Charing Cross first came up. According to Mrs. Leopold it only referred to the central section of New Ross.

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1878 map of Lunenburg Co. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Lunenburg Co., N.S. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1883 map of Lunenburg Co. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Lunenburg County Nova Scotia. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1903 map of the Maritime provinces. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Maritime Provinces. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1912 map of the Atlantic provinces. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Eastern Canada. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

So where is this Charing Cross, NS that you keep referring to?

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Of coarse. It has to be a conspiracy, eh? Some massive cover up. It couldn't be that, you know, you're wrong?

Ah the great cover up. When all else fails lets just call it a conspiracy, the hiding of the truth. Of course the provincial government is involved in the great suppression, as is the Nova Scotia museum, a noted archeologist, a few universities and for good measure an entire population of local inhabitants who no doubt are descendants of this mysterious band of celibate Knights Templars. A group of men , did I mention celibate, who lived in this very spot for 200 years. So good were they at hiding their presence that not only is there no physical evidence of their habitation why even the Mi'kmaq have no recollection of them .

On threat of discovery this band of celibate men, took to their canoes with their loot, following up the watershed of the Gold they left behind evidence of their passing in Blue Mountain so that those who may follow could find the final resting place of their sacred relics that they had spent centuries protecting. They went down the Gaspereau past 3 Mi'kmaq settlements under darkness of course so as not to be seen. They then went to the Annapolis Basin where these precious items are buried and remain to this day.

Of course how could they have known that centuries later their secret would be outed. By a duo of intrepid sleuths using paintings and coconut fibre no less. Oh lets not forget the rocks, the holes in the rocks. While one of the duo was busy searching for mounds of buried gold he found a mass grave of knights who died from that European disease the black plague in the process, the other found the elusive treasure in the Annapolis Basin. But of course being the fine upstanding person that he is wouldn't dare to actually look at the most important archeological find in the world.

So now I find myself looking forward to the upcoming sequel, The Da Vinci Code II, written and produced by Dan Brown aka Loki and staring his lovable sidekick Finders Keepers. Being filmed this summer on location in New Ross oops I mean Charing Cross Nova Scotia.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah the great cover up. When all else fails lets just call it a conspiracy, the hiding of the truth. Of course the provincial government is involved in the great suppression, as is the Nova Scotia museum, a noted archeologist, a few universities and for good measure an entire population of local inhabitants who no doubt are descendants of this mysterious band of celibate Knights Templars. A group of men , did I mention celibate, who lived in this very spot for 200 years. So good were they at hiding their presence that not only is there no physical evidence of their habitation why even the Mi'kmaq have no recollection of them .

On threat of discovery this band of celibate men, took to their canoes with their loot, following up the watershed of the Gold they left behind evidence of their passing in Blue Mountain so that those who may follow could find the final resting place of their sacred relics that they had spent centuries protecting. They went down the Gaspereau past 3 Mi'kmaq settlements under darkness of course so as not to be seen. They then went to the Annapolis Basin where these precious items are buried and remain to this day.

Of course how could they have known that centuries later their secret would be outed. By a duo of intrepid sleuths using paintings and coconut fibre no less. Oh lets not forget the rocks, the holes in the rocks. While one of the duo was busy searching for mounds of buried gold he found a mass grave of knights who died from that European disease the black plague in the process, the other found the elusive treasure in the Annapolis Basin. But of course being the fine upstanding person that he is wouldn't dare to actually look at the most important archeological find in the world.

So now I find myself looking forward to the upcoming sequel, The Da Vinci Code II, written and produced by Dan Brown aka Loki and staring his lovable sidekick Finders Keepers. Being filmed this summer on location in New Ross oops I mean Charing Cross Nova Scotia.

Testy, Ah!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1878 map of Lunenburg Co. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Lunenburg Co., N.S. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1883 map of Lunenburg Co. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Lunenburg County Nova Scotia. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1903 map of the Maritime provinces. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Maritime Provinces. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

1912 map of the Atlantic provinces. New Ross is indicated at the crossroads.
Eastern Canada. - David Rumsey Historical Map Collection

So where is this Charing Cross, NS that you keep referring to?

Where the school was in 1905!!!

Cheers, Loki

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Testy, Ah!

Cheers, Loki

I'm sorry Loki , I really am. I always looked at your premise as feasible but you lost me. I could never understand you hitching your wagon to FK as you have so much more to offer whereas he seems to be a self promoter looking for a TV gig. But that's neither here nor there. The Charing Cross episode really is a minor thing , its just a name although I don't think New Ross was called Charing Cross. But what really got to me began with the Blue Mountain evidence. You stated that there's evidence there but you didn't try to even look for it and for you to say that the Templars put it there to give directions to the artifact site, well no they wouldn't have done that. Why wouldn't you try to find it? Then there's the trip to the Annapolis Basin, down the Gaspereau River and past 3 documented Mi'kmaq villages but no oral history of any encounters. No that's not possible. At Annapolis Basin you said that you found the site where the artifacts were buried but again you haven't followed through on your discovery. Why didn't you get someone to help you with that.

But that could be forgiven however this conspiracy thing sealed the deal for me. That's just downright embarrassing. So, no there's nothing at New Ross. If there was it would have been found ages ago. The place has been razed and the pit next door that butts right up to the so called holy well would have yielded some sort of proof. I guess nothing was found . So for me personally I would have to say that's there's nothing there and there was never anything there. Its just a story with a sad ending.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sorry Loki , I really am. I always looked at your premise as feasible but you lost me. I could never understand you hitching your wagon to FK as you have so much more to offer whereas he seems to be a self promoter looking for a TV gig. But that's neither here nor there. The Charing Cross episode really is a minor thing , its just a name although I don't think New Ross was called Charing Cross. But what really got to me began with the Blue Mountain evidence. You stated that there's evidence there but you didn't try to even look for it and for you to say that the Templars put it there to give directions to the artifact site, well no they wouldn't have done that. Why wouldn't you try to find it? Then there's the trip to the Annapolis Basin, down the Gaspereau River and past 3 documented Mi'kmaq villages but no oral history of any encounters. No that's not possible. At Annapolis Basin you said that you found the site where the artifacts were buried but again you haven't followed through on your discovery. Why didn't you get someone to help you with that.

But that could be forgiven however this conspiracy thing sealed the deal for me. That's just downright embarrassing. So, no there's nothing at New Ross. If there was it would have been found ages ago. The place has been razed and the pit next door that butts right up to the so called holy well would have yielded some sort of proof. I guess nothing was found . So for me personally I would have to say that's there's nothing there and there was never anything there. Its just a story with a sad ending.

Alright then!

I never actually hitched my wagon to FK, he is investigating the area around New Ross which has never had a serious archaeological study. I'm not saying that his will be that, but perhaps he can find what I know is there, proof of a 14th century European occupation. I have been to a site near Annapolis Basin that I have written Nova Scotia Museums about on three different occasions with little response (I did have two). I fully understand this, but with evidence of a 14th century European presence (particularly Templar) I would have the evidence I need to present to N.S.M's.. This is too important to go attack a site illegally which is why I want their support.

I have not looked for the Blue Mountain evidence because I have not been there since I found out about it. And yes, they would have done that, the object they placed near Annapolis Basin had to be found.

As for Oral History of the First Nations, it is much overrated, as I have found out here in Michigan in my local history endeavors with the Native Americans.

As for the conspiracy thing, I don't think some of the New Ross residents appreciated the influx of mystery lookers that began after Joan's book and did away with Charing Cross (recently) . I have come to believe it was a 19th century addition, and it wasn't New Ross that was Charing Cross, but the central area of New Ross. I think I know who brought in the name, the why is still unknown, at least to me.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. . . he is investigating the area around New Ross which has never had a serious archaeological study.

And that will still be the case when he is done.

He's going in with a bias to find something he wants rather than examining the site carefully for existing evidence.

Real archaeology is done with small trowels and hair brushes and careful measurement and documentation. Not TV cameras.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they'll finally realize that the pit is only a red herring, and use a GPR looking for the radiating tunnel that actually leads to the treasure ROOM that lies below undisturbed ground in the interior of the island.:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread