What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) by FK.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Find the post where I have said this or be labeled a liar.

I was talking today to some engineers about the accomplished building contractor in Michigan that when shown the state codes said "they must be for some other Michigan area"......it got a big laugh.

When I told them you were also an accomplished author one guy said "I hope its not a do it yourself type book".That got even bigger laughs.

I'm sure it did the way you told it, did you tell them that in the 14th century you needed a building permit in Nova Scotia? Maybe you could hook them up with me and we could straighten some things out.

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am more than willing to admit a mistake, and will do so should Elliott or the Society be able to provide me with a map, provincial directory, survey report or government document of any kind that indicates the New Ross area was called Charing Cross.

You know whats funny, "petetherocker" who thinks this thread shouldn't be here liked your post. Of course you know what I think of it!

Cheers, Loki

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's Hard To Say One Is "Sorry"!

I am more than willing to admit a mistake, and will do so should Elliott or the Society be able to provide me with a map, provincial directory, survey report or government document of any kind that indicates the New Ross area was called Charing Cross.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What makes you think I have to answer every question I'm asked?

If you read the "my Abbreviated Theory" thread you would have had my answer to one of your questions. And I do have a time frame in mind.

I doubt if your friends at Blue Mountain have heard any rumors.

Cheers, Loki

Its becoming quite evident that my friends at Blue Mountain know as much about this so called evidence as you do. I'm beginning to believe that the only evidence that you have is some coir, rocks with holes and a vivid imagination. As for this whole Charing Cross nonsense. The artillery gun was placed there as a remembrance of a World War 1 battle fought by the Royal Canadian Regiment.

The Royal Canadian Regiment; First World War; CEF War Diary; June, 1916

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its becoming quite evident that my friends at Blue Mountain know as much about this so called evidence as you do. I'm beginning to believe that the only evidence that you have is some coir, rocks with holes and a vivid imagination. As for this whole Charing Cross nonsense. The artillery gun was placed there as a remembrance of a World War 1 battle fought by the Royal Canadian Regiment.

The Royal Canadian Regiment; First World War; CEF War Diary; June, 1916

Pippin for the win!!

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pippin for the win!!

I don't doubt the reason for the gun, it certainly wasn't put there for defense, but, Caroline (Broome) Leopold, who was 34 years old at the end of the war, wrote "Charing Cross, the central section of New Ross received its name in the early days of the settlement of Sherbrooke." And her writings are quoted in many of the local histories.

I would premise that Mr.Elliott placed the gun at a Nova Scotia village named Charing Cross as a memorial to a battlefield in France named Charing Cross. Btw, That was an interesting piece, I knew that many of the battlefields were given British place names, but I never knew one was named Charing Cross.

According to the "New Ross Historical Society" The gun was originally placed at "Charing Cross".

And what happened to the the Charing Cross Cemetery and the Charing Cross signs?

Oh yeah, and the Nova Scotia Superintendent of Education mentioned the village of Charing Cross in his 1905 annual report, in a good way of course! Was that before the gun emplacement?

Not a win yet!

At one time a Charing Cross, in Nova Scotia was important to my premises, but a couple of years ago after a long discussion with forum member Smithbrown, I changed it to an interesting coincidence.

Just a passing thought, why doesn't the memorial plaque mention the battle if that was why the gun was placed there, and why was there no plaque on the guns stand commemorating the battle?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeing as we're positing things that may (or may not) have anything to do with OI, did any of you see that Josh Gates Show "Expedition Unknown" ? He was in England hunting after the lost crown jewels of King John in The Wash. He met up with our metal detecting buddy from OI - Gary Drayton. They found some cool stuff. Even some coconut coir:laughing7:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it did the way you told it, did you tell them that in the 14th century you needed a building permit in Nova Scotia? Maybe you could hook them up with me and we could straighten some things out.

I only told it exactly the way you typed it in your post (which I linked to) ......by the way have you found that post of mine yet?
Or would you rather keep promoting a lie over and over again?

It is so easy to find someone's post when looking for it .......but it is pretty hard when that post doesn't exist.
You are quickly proving that when confronted with facts that dispute your premise you quickly turn into a compulsive liar.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only told it exactly the way you typed it in your post (which I linked to) ......by the way have you found that post of mine yet?
Or would you rather keep promoting a lie over and over again?

It is so easy to find someone's post when looking for it .......but it is pretty hard when that post doesn't exist.
You are quickly proving that when confronted with facts that dispute your premise you quickly turn into a compulsive liar.

Please Note * This is your one Freebie ! DO NOT CALL ANY MEMBER A LIAR !

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Note * This is your one Freebie ! DO NOT CALL ANY MEMBER A LIAR !

He has stated I posted something many times over and not just in this thread that is 100% false.

I have asked numerous times for him to link to that post.
Instead he replies repeating the falsehood once again.

What shall I call a person that does that?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has stated I posted something many times over and not just in this thread that is 100% false.

I have asked numerous times for him to link to that post.
Instead he replies repeating the falsehood once again.

What shall I call a person that does that?

again, it is against the rules for any member to accuse another of purposely lying.

use Report to Moderator to report Anyone who accuses another Member of Lying

0.jpg

that aside the OP (original poster) of a thread also has the right to expect not to be second guessed on what they say. anyone who disagrees with a statement by an op, should be able to Back up their disagreeing statement with more then you don't believe.

the exception in most cases is when discussing TV show Productions for obvious reasons
of manufactured finds and drama.

I do not believe this is About the Oak Island TV show.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...the OP (original poster) of a thread also has the right to expect not to be second guessed on what they say.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

We who adhere to the scientific method courteously apply ourselves to "poking holes" in a member's hypothesis at no charge as a service in assisting them to fine tune the proposal into a viable theory.

Some just make it an exercise in fact-checking.

Liar-Liar-Pants-On-Fire.jpg

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
again, it is against the rules for any member to accuse another of purposely lying.

use Report to Moderator to report Anyone who accuses another Member of Lying

If someone is accused of something on this forum that they're not guilty of, and they are not permitted to challenge their accuser, what is the preferred method for handling that?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

We who adhere to the scientific method courteously apply ourselves to "poking holes" in a member's hypothesis at no charge as a service in assisting them to fine tune the proposal into a viable theory.

Some just make it an exercise in fact-checking.

View attachment 1453281

Nope I Disagree ! Members Posting Extraordinarily Claims have a Right to Not give away info they do not wish to share.

First off it is Impossible to Prove a Negative.

When trying to prove Anything. if you Can't find Proof , you may have not looked in the Right Place

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guess I'm right on the Charing Cross thing anyhow! The center section of New Ross was first called Charing Cross.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is accused of something on this forum that they're not guilty of, and they are not permitted to challenge their accuser, what is the preferred method for handling that?

report the post

Last edited:

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guess I'm right on the Charing Cross thing anyhow! The center section of New Ross was first called Charing Cross.

Cheers, Loki

Can't you just let that go and get on with discussing your premise.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't you just let that go and get on with discussing your premise.

It actually is kind of linked to my premise. Why is it so important to let it go and where did the signs go? I do read my pm's btw.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It actually is kind of linked to my premise. Why is it so important to let it go and where did the signs go? I do read my pm's btw.

Cheers, Loki

This is only my opinion but I think it adds very little to the discussion and it seems to be derailing your topic. I also find the tone of the discussion both very sharp and getting a little too personal. I imagine there are others lurking here who would perhaps like to join your discussion but maybe are a bit intimidated to join in out of a apprehension that they could become involved in a testy discussion. This should be a fun site where people can add their two cents, join the discussion and feel comfortable in what they
may say or ask. So now we're on page 6 of your topic and most of it involves arguing about the name Charing Cross with very little about the subject at hand which I think is a shame because its very interesting.

To answer your question about the signs . What signs are you asking about? Without sounding too stupid what does a pm mean?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread