WHAT WILL THURSDAY BRING

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
Well after some research i have found the old foundation to a servents quarters to an old mansion that was tore down some years ago---(not bad for going off memory from childhood) I wasnt able to find the mansions foundation yet. Hopefully i find it with the detector--I am doin some heavy hoping that the owner may have not trusted the banks and hid them coins somewhere nearby. Anyone have any ideas or search old homes and find a common denominator in the stash's?

Gonna search it first on Thursday before i take the kiddo there----he gets bored to fast if he isnt hitting the clad real fast--(go figure) he prefers the parks and beach as he always produces the coinage there-- but if i get alot of good hits might take him back after school on thursday.

Upvote 0
R

robert_from_pa

Why don't ya drop a few Memorials for him to find? And good luck!

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Sounds like a nice site,you don't tell the age or location of the site,Did it see any Civil War action or was in use at the time? Folks liked to hide and bury items such as money and silver to protect it in tho's times.Just a thought you never know. I would grid off the site and check every sq,inch.If you bring the little one along offten I would pack a nice lunch box with the game boy, if seeding the yard does not keep his intrest long.Best of luck and look forward to your finds.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
If there is a cache or stash, the location of the mansion would be an important key. Chances are the stash would be where either the owner could see it from a vantage point, say the front porch or from bedroom window. It would be in a place that is usually not likely to be discovered accidentally by slaves or strangers. He problably could get to it from several different directions so as to not wear a path down. Just a thought. HH and have fun!

OP
OP
R

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
Ok found some info on this mansion however there must be a misprint somewhere---The history i have found came from a newspaper article that is notorious for typos - - States that the mansion was built in the late 1920's by William Penns sons - Now seeing how William Penn lived in the mid 1700's the sons would have been rather old to be doin anything other than fertilizing ground in the 1920's - so will have to do some more diggin to find out if the typo was in the date or the sons maybe being grandsons or further down the line-

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIG, DIG, DIG then... Do some more digging. Best of luck and HH.

PS: Also wondering if someone can tell me, what will a cache read on a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2?
(Coin Shooting Settings)
Sensitivity @ 2:00 (70%)
Disc. @ 3:00 (75%)

Attachments

• Bulldozer.jpg
    Bulldozer.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 132
  • coincache.jpg
    coincache.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 129

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
MUD, you need to turn that disc. down, I bet you don't find ANY nickles or gold jewelry...

A cache could read anywhere on the spectrum depending on:
1: size of cache
2: container (glass jar with metal lid, Metal box etc...)
3: depth
4: how long it's been buried
5: type of coins

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far should I turn it down, back to 12:00 or what? I do want to find nickles and rings.

Thank you,

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 111
C

chaazz

Can't wait to find out what you find. Good luck and keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread