What would you do? Am I wrong here?

niffler72

Mar 26, 2010
Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing. If someone doesn't take a stand against these oxygen thieves they will continue to get more brazen. I find as I grow older I have less and less tolerance for these mutants. We should all stand up to these people.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget that scummy people generally have more children than the average person. So scummy people are increasing at a rate far greater than the normal population. Before long, we will be over run with them!
It's a conspiracy I tell you! :laughing7:

Trash, Trash, Trash POS's...

Gotta ask, did you find any quality items for yourself or were the thieves pockets full with most the stolen treasures? Would have loved to see the cops make them empty their pockets!!!

H Trash!!
Yeah, I got quite a few good items but the owner pulled out of my pile, a WWII M1 Bayonet
and a Consolidated Vultee and Boeing Yoke cap. I did manage several different types of Pan Am employee pins, about 30 different sized glasses from National Airlines, some WW2 era real photo postcards of Guantanamo bay Naval Station as well as a bunch of old b&w military photos of the same, a couple 105mm shell casings, a small box full of foreign coins (pulled out 3 silver and an 1891 0 Morgan out of it), a 1928 Silver certificate (funnyback) avg. shape though, a pair of vintage unusedHunt Wilde mud flaps for a bicycle, a wicker covered demijohn, a salt glazed jug,3 WW2 canteens, a mess kit, an antique wooden baby cradle (for sis-in-laws doll collection) and several other odds and ends, all for $50.

You did the right thing Digg. When people realize they will be called out every time they will start behaving in a civilized manner. The problem is we are becoming so detached, afraid, etc. that we often keep quite and mind our own business.
Yeah, thats the problem nowadays. People are afraid to speak their minds for fear of offending someone or being confrontational. It's gotten to the point of being ridiculous.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know why is it when I see or hear of PanAm I get nostalgic. I was pretty young when they disappeared, but there's something about them.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Ya did the right thing, Dig. I'm getting less and less tolerant of people at estate (and garage) sales. The rudeness factor is really growing by leaps and bounds by both people attending and the people selling. What happened to common courtesy? It's every man for himself now, I guess.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know why is it when I see or hear of PanAm I get nostalgic. I was pretty young when they disappeared, but there's something about them.

Yes, the stewardesses's mostly.
url

That was then.
this is now!!!
url

But, I did fly Korean Air from Tokyo to L.A. 3 months ago and this is what I had to put up with for 11 hours.
4628549245_c8b3df81dd.jpg

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the stewardesses's mostly.
url

That was then.
this is now!!!
url

I've yet to fly on a plane in my lifetime with a really attractive flight attendant. The bulk are men or women in their 40s and 50s. Never young women in their 20s, at least in my experience. Those girls are probably up in first class.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I've yet to fly on a plane in my lifetime with a really attractive flight attendant. The bulk are men or women in their 40s and 50s. Never young women in their 20s, at least in my experience. Those girls are probably up in first class.

Ohh for sure, they aren't going to put the sea sloths with the rich folk.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, but it is a foreign airline so, they probably have higher standards than the typical American company. You know the drill. Welcome to America, it's not what it used to be. Kind of embarassing at times actually. I still love my country but I can't stand what it is turning into.

PS- I got another story about thieves I witnessed yesterday at a thrift store, i'll tell ya about it later.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these Gypsies probably have not been confronted like this before and needed to be set straight, IMO you did the right thing,
in my books there's nothing worse then a THIEF ............ checkered sunlight is in there future

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not speaking up would make you just as guilty as the schum bags. You did the right thing. :icon_thumright:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
diggummup....... I will say that is point for you.....:icon_thumleft:..... You will speak up and not let any one step on you......

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup....... I will say that is point for you.....:icon_thumleft:..... You will speak up and not let any one step on you......
You of all people know, I have no problem speaking my mind. Besides @ 6'5"+ and 245lbs., i'm too big for most of the population to step on me anyway. :laughing7:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You of all people know, I have no problem speaking my mind. Besides @ 6'5"+ and 245lbs., i'm too big for most of the population to step on me anyway. :laughing7:

I had you in size a couple of months ago at 6'4" 255, but now I'm down to 210. I guess I will just have to outrun you now, haha.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the only people I believe in reporting to the police,
are other Police & Child molesters, so tuff call on that.

But I would have probably told the owners they may have stuff in their trunk
& Let them decide.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the only people I believe in reporting to the police,
are other Police & Child molesters, so tuff call on that.

But I would have probably told the owners they may have stuff in their trunk
& Let them decide.
Yeah, I hear ya. That's why I just threw them under the bus in front of the owner. It wasn't my property or else I would have called, you just don't make yourself at home on someone else's property. Down here that can get you shot, literally and legally if you happen to "fear for your life".

I had you in size a couple of months ago at 6'4" 255, but now I'm down to 210. I guess I will just have to outrun you now, haha.
LOL. I'm sure you could especially with my bum knees. Your still in your early 30's, i'm sure your a whole lot more active than I am. I was a whopping 325+ lbs. at New Years 7 months ago. Losing weight was my NY's resolution. By Thanksgiving I plan on being down to 210, that's my goal. If I actually exercised, i'd already be there. I'm doing pretty good though for just changing my diet. I gained it all 5-6 years ago after I quit smoking.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I'm sure you could especially with my bum knees. Your still in your early 30's, i'm sure your a whole lot more active than I am. I was a whopping 325+ lbs. at New Years 7 months ago. Losing weight was my NY's resolution. By Thanksgiving I plan on being down to 210, that's my goal. If I actually exercised, i'd already be there. I'm doing pretty good though for just changing my diet. I gained it all 5-6 years ago after I quit smoking.

Yeah, I run quite a bit now. 2-10 miles at a time 4-5 days a week plus basketball mixed in. Thankfully my knees are still holding up. I just don't push them like I might have when I was younger. 210 was my goal and now I'm going for 200 and will probably stop there and get back into weight lifting. Nothing scarier to most people than a tall guy with muscles.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Nothing scarier to most people than a tall guy with muscles.

No quite, I have the "Born to lose" look down pat. I thought about getting it tattooed to my forehead, but then I was assuming the people I deal with can read. :laughing7:

I never had the size to intimidate, so I had to go another route. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread