What would YOU do facing an armed robber?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' Joe B. advised women to get a double barrel shot gun and unload it into the air if attacked- or something to that effect. Poor advice. Nobody with their feet on the ground is getting attacked by the sky. Why he suggests shooting the air, or double guns, is unfathomable.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I packed up and moved out here at the end of August with my girlfriend and our daughter.
I got the time all wrong but I remember your post. ╦╦Ç

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

Thanks for the chuckles....I remember doing a summer boot camp in the reserve army when I was a kid.
At the firing range we were assigned Lee Enfield rifles to use...this was in Canada not sure what the US weapon of choice would have been, in any event these rifles had a gas gauge which somewhat controlled the level of recoil.

I wasnt keeping it snug enough against my shoulder when firing and ended up with a black and blue shoulder for my troubles...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
I love this video, too funny.

Biden tells women to buy a shotgun hehe.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually take the James Bond approach. Sometimes I use the Jim West style. Then there is Mad Max. Merry Christmas!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all can talk tough all you want. I was mugged by a big guy who got me from behind with an arm around my neck and a knife under my eye after I gave a bum on the street a cigarette. He took my money and let me go, returned wallet with license etc. No amount of guns on my body would have helped anything but get that knife into my skull. He did take my pocket knife too, if I had had a gun he would have had that also.

Merry Christmas to all, peace on earth and goodwill to all mankind!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect your opinion, Tim, but your "peace brother" approach the last time you spoke went nowhere. I, for one, will never "blast 'em". Looks bad in court. I will "defend myself" with whatever means are at my disposal. RI has no reciprocity, limited issue (CCW permit). Your believing too much of that leftist crap. I am waiting for the Federal nationwide permit. Incidentally, can you name ONE John Wayne movie where he STARTED an armed confrontation. (side note: Wyatt Earp met a 17 year old props kid in Hollywood named...... John Wayne) ╦╦Ç

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my "Peace on Earth" post was unacceptable. Wouldn't want that on yet another gun thread, would we?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merry Xmas to all!

tumblr_oirwfuD6TS1urmckio1_1280.jpg

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry about Santa, Terry. He's only dressed that way to give out what those Naughtys have comin!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my "Peace on Earth" post was unacceptable. Wouldn't want that on yet another gun thread, would we?
It was removed because of the insult in it directed at some members beliefs

All please remember this not the politics forum, post accordingly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect your opinion, Tim, but your "peace brother" approach the last time you spoke went nowhere. I, for one, will never "blast 'em". Looks bad in court. I will "defend myself" with whatever means are at my disposal. RI has no reciprocity, limited issue (CCW permit). Your believing too much of that leftist crap. I am waiting for the Federal nationwide permit. Incidentally, can you name ONE John Wayne movie where he STARTED an armed confrontation. (side note: Wyatt Earp met a 17 year old props kid in Hollywood named...... John Wayne) ╦╦Ç

To clarify, John Wayne is a stage name. At 17, he would still be using Marion Morrison.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Armed robber in your space? Multiple perps? Home invasion? I found a really neat setup a fellow has been doing with actual videos of armed confrontations..... police, civilian, ALL types. He uses each to show what to do with..... cover, concealment, distraction. Go to You Tube and search ACTIVE SELF PROTECTION. Eye opening videos. WARNING: some videos are not for you cupcakes. ╦╦Ç

Kick, bite, spit, throw a cat, hope the dog distracted them until I could draw my EDC pistol.

If I had enough time to get to one of the "major" firearms I'd use that as well.

Even today THE ADMRAL commented "you're going to wear a pistol to the Christmas Eve service?"

Yes. Yes I did. I will forgive them . . . once they are neutralized.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incidentally, can you name ONE John Wayne movie where he STARTED an armed confrontation. (side note: Wyatt Earp met a 17 year old props kid in Hollywood named...... John Wayne)

At the end of "The Shootist", he went to the bar to start an armed confrontation. He was looking for trouble and got it. Of course, he was dying at the time and wanted to go out with bang, so to speak...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect your opinion, Tim, but your "peace brother" approach the last time you spoke went nowhere

Wasn't trying to start up another "peace brother" discussion. Just didn't think it was appropriate to start another thread like this during the holidays. I've seen way too much hate, violence and death in my lifetime to want to read about it here. I'd just like to come here and read about metal detecting and treasure hunting and not about the perils of daily life in this country.

Metal detecting is an escape for me. That's why I hunt alone and go deep into the woods. Nice to get away from all the hate in this world. Take care and Merry Christmas to all.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry C,
A thought provoking series of videos, I've not been around much violence in my life, what little I have had 'touch my life' was not appreciated but was educational as I'd allowed a bully and my ego to draw me into his sphere of life - a heavy fisted hitter.

FreeBirdTim,
Yes it is Christmas, literally, and I do not wish to disturb your calm and peace but. I also go out into the places where most folks do not go as I appreciate the wilds and the peace there. So in ~ 2008 I'm out at remote section of a remote place, an old timer who had no business being in this place as he was 1) not capable of doing the hike in and out, 2) did not have proper gear but was enjoying himself just the same panning and being in this lovely place. Also down there at that time were four Russian Immigrants one with a whites GMT and three with brand new heavy duty Russian Issue Military Black Rifles, some of the strangest looking pieces I've ever seen. These guys made me feel edgy as they just reeked of Testosterone and looked like they wanted someone to play with. Of course I was carrying my common backpacking pea shooter, a modified Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull revolver. I knew then that I was out of my realm of knowledge and experience so I just kept quiet and watched. Since watching a lot of these videos I now have a better idea of what I might need to do to be capable of keeping my self safe and not play into a confrontational situation and yet be more prepared to take care of myself. Now I need to do some play acting to become familiar with confrontational situations. (note: I took pity on the old fellow giving him my 1/2 gallon water jug for his hike out - he still only barely made it)

I hope none of us ever need to use lethal force however there are those in this country who hate this country, hate our Christian values, hate our way of life and freedoms and wish to take all this from us by force. Remember 911, they stole our innocence and they are still within our borders and still want to bring the entire USA down to its knees.

At this 2017 Christmas Morning I offer a prayer to this Countries Heavenly Father and in the name of his precious Son Our Savior Jesus Christ to keep us all safe and wise about what is going on in this country as this war is not over yet, its only just started and may God Bless us all even our detractors.....................63bkpkr

PS - all of us used our free will, a god given right, to look at Terry's post or not. None of us were forced to read the thread

I still wish all of us here a wonderful Christmas morning/day with family & friends! I unfortunately have the flu & pneumonia so I will be spending it alone, the biggest celebration I will have will be to get some additional sleep.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread