What you guys do for a liveing?

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work as an electrician in a fluid milk processing plant. I became interested in electricity at a young age,if I recall it all started when I disassembled my grandpas radio ;D I continued my training in the USN (FC) and attended college as well...
At my current job
I deal with all aspects of the plant,to include hydraulic,pneumatics and mechanical as well as parts ordering and boiler maintenance and testing.
But my true passion is electronics,be it power or control circuits,PLC or HMI programming or circuit troubleshooting anything that will make a spark gets my interest... :laughing7:
I also run a small computer building and repair business from home
That's about it...
Soup

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Polysomnographer( study people while they sleep), Paramedic, book sorter for the library system

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
I remember taking apart a small TV,pretty old one too. I would take the copper out and save it then through it away. :laughing7:
I tried fixing my very, very old gameboy.It only had three games. I remember spilling lemon juice on it trying to clean a coin. I heard it going zipp. zipp. zipp,so I took it apart and dried all the parts and found that I couldn't get it back together because the pieces where so small.
When I was in grade school I learned how hot a battery can make a paper clip get.By bending the paper clip out and sticking it to both ends. The teacher didn't seem to care that i could burn my fingers off. I like getting a radio antenna and sticking a bunch of wires and junk on it to see if I could get a better signal with the stations, I have found out that putting a gold ring around the antenna helps it a bit. :dontknow:

Soupie said:
I work as an electrician in a fluid milk processing plant. I became interested in electricity at a young age,if I recall it all started when I disassembled my grandpas radio ;D I continued my training in the USN (FC) and attended college as well...
At my current job
I deal with all aspects of the plant,to include hydraulic,pneumatics and mechanical as well as parts ordering and boiler maintenance and testing.
But my true passion is electronics,be it power or control circuits,PLC or HMI programming or circuit troubleshooting anything that will make a spark gets my interest... :laughing7:
I also run a small computer building and repair business from home
That's about it...
Soup

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Im a flooring Installer(20+ years)...mechanic on my own stuff and suppose to be a drag racer, but aint no living in that unless you make it to the big time...
so basically I work to pay for my own parts to have fun.. :-\ :D

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired firefighter after 30 years service. Now I work part time at O'Reilly Auto Parts. It gives me money to tinker on my old car.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Next week I will be starting a new job as a crash test dummy.
Times are hard here.

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired 9 years ago!! can't remember what from. What was the question? l just enjoy myself now.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
john hutchison said:
Retired 9 years ago!! can't remember what from. What was the question? l just enjoy myself now.

Nice car there buddy.. I purloin autos such as yours and resell them for a nifty profit :thumbsup:

Likely Guy

Currently, I work for a mining exploration company.

Before that; heritage building reconstruction, wildfire fighter, silviculturalist, carpenter, media producer/photographer, darkroom technician, silk screener, graphic artist, chinese food deliveryman and sawmill worker.

I'm forgetting some.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greydigger said:
Next week I will be starting a new job as a crash test dummy.
Times are hard here.
Don't worry, you'll do fine. :dontknow:

Fossis...........

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
From March to Nov. i farm in Snyder Co. Pa.. From Nov. to March i bake and sell cakes near Kuala Lumpur.Malaysia.

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dogcaught said:
Licensed Locomotive Engineer, Freight Conductor, Switchman. I move trains. JJ
train.jpg
A track welder for the RailRoad. I keep these guys in the upright position. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

DPK

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Program Manager for several Intel/Defense contracts. Wondering whether I should take my MD on the next trip to NOVA.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bale foam doesn't pay much but its easy and no one really bothers me, plus I love a job with no time limits.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
I was the maintenance supervisor at an exhaust tube manufacturing plant. I retired three weeks ago after 40 years of service.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am currently unemployed (mostly because the United States has child labor laws), but I do a few odd jobs (some odder than others). I am looking to go to the railroad and find work there once I move out of the house, which will be pretty soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread