• DSC04068.JPG
    DSC04068.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,217
Upvote 0

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I think that material has to be some of the nicest looking stuff anywhere in North America, what is it, rootbeer flint I'm guessing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in agreement with Cannonman, beautiful point... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Cannonman17 said:
I think that material has to be some of the nicest looking stuff anywhere in North America, what is it, rootbeer flint I'm guessing?
it is papered amber color agate

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
It is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Excellent point....nice material as well. :thumbsup:

Atlantis

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
steve71 said:
its a hell gap very sweet just got it back today.
Hell Gap,That is one Hell of a nice point.I always thought Flintridge was the prettiest flint I,d seen. That is till now anyway.I,m going to print that one and show it off!! Hell of a find Steve!!
Ohioriverhunter

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
josh34 said:
Beautiful point Steve, did you find it on the coast?
i didnt find it my friends son found it colorado river area in texas

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
plehbah said:
That is not a Hell Gap. It might be a Plainview variant, or it could be your other standard Plano lanceolate, with a concave base and pronounced basal thinning flake scars. Certainly not Hell Gap.

Nice point.

Stay out of those mounds!
guess you would know? it is papered by dwain rogers who is the best in texas on points typoligy ect. wish i found this in a mound is was a surface find by my friends son.certainly you dont know what your talking about. ::)

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
An outstanding point, made out of a highly desirable material, maker must have been proud of it.
Tuff to categorize, if you have Overstreets tenth edition look at the following pages. Hell Gap p. 600, Goshen p. 923, Lovell p. 933. It resembles any of these, although with a really good hands on interpretation as to the flaking it is up to the authenticator to decide which group it falls in, other authenticators/experts might list it otherwise.
I have seen coa`s on same point calling it two different things but always close and debatable.

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
plehbah said:
steve71 said:
plehbah said:
That is not a Hell Gap. It might be a Plainview variant, or it could be your other standard Plano lanceolate, with a concave base and pronounced basal thinning flake scars. Certainly not Hell Gap.

Nice point.

Stay out of those mounds!
guess you would know? it is papered by dwain rogers who is the best in texas on points typoligy ect. wish i found this in a mound is was a surface find by my friends son.certainly you dont know what your talking about. ::)
just letting you know that you dont know what your talking about. it is a hell gap

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
plehbah said:
There is no need to be childish Steve. Either offer evidence to the contrary, or just say "thanks" for getting the record set straight. Now you know more about your very nice Paleo point than you did before.

Maybe you know more about Dwain Rogers than you did before.

The truth shall set you free, Steve. Do not run away from the light.
its forsale on arrowheads.com look under roadrunner artifacts.i trust dwain over you.truth hurts sometimes and i like the dark. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread